• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malt Barley 07/08 Crop Year

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malt Barley 07/08 Crop Year

I would like to ask a question to everybody in general, but I'm sure I will get more answers from the non CWB supporters.

I know Rayglen this spring was offering some prices for new crop Malt, anybody else out there know now of some prices available?? Also what are Sep/Oct feed barley prices that you are you hearing?? Currently in my area east central sk I can do $3.50 Set/ Oct.

PS I don't need any smart ass answers CWB supporters!!

But can you sell them 4.5 million Tonnes for that price?

Comment

JRI terminal in Killarney Mb called
      $3.5/bu feed Malt $4.4 guaranteed if it makes grade, the feed price is guaranteed if it doesn't. There is a premium over and above 4.4 for a couple of varieties including metcalfe.
      This is for delivery before mid December. The terminal in Bottineau N.D has orders for 2 million bushels of barley. That is about 50,000 short [u.s.] tonnes. The cwb would never fill that type of an order because it was too small. Now we note that they want into organic grain which is usually one or two semi loads. Why are they changing and where is their logic?
      They need a big house cleaning in there.

Comment

Housecleaning is right! 80% of the organic growers that presented told them to go jump in the lake.

And they plod on, futher in, and hire more staff.

Rotten from the inside.

Parsley

Comment

Thanks Barleyman. Anyone else have some prices??

Comment

"PS I don't need any smart ass answers CWB supporters!! "

Or apparently the non either! Let's be fair.

Comment

The cornfusion that exists, will result in uncertainty and those not in the know, will get screwed as usual. The Angriville marketers will however make loads and loads of cash, selling quality barley, to the greedy malteys, forgettt canolie, malt barley is now king and the thing, IFFFFFF you can make the grade or buy bottle for the selector or kiss somebody's b--- to make a sale!!!!! No more rejection, just lots and lots of selection......... Who doesn't like a cool crisp one, on a hot,hot, hot day?

Comment

Burbert...

The selectors and Malties already are responsible for the decisions of who delivers what now. What exactly changes... ?

Is there something unfair or sinister about having the grower and maltie develop a personal relationship allowing both seller and buyer to create more value for each other...

Which in turn can create more value for both sides!

What have you have against this?

Comment

Not sure I understand your logic Burbert? Are you saying that

Farmer with a financial interest in his grain having a relationship with a grain buyer = bad thing.
                  But,
                  CWB agent with no financial interest in the farmers grain having relationship with a grain buyer = good thing?!?!

Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Comment

Tom4cwb, farmranger, OK, lets see, guess the guys who live close to a maltie plant or a htp elevator have a better chance to establish a meaningful, trusting business relationship. The rest of us poor unfortunate smuks have to try to establish that relationship with a grain company farm business rep(ie summer student from university that was raised on a farm in Sask, or a lady wannabe broker, that won't return your calls, or better yet one, that change companies a few days ago, over the phone or via email. Yup there are endless opportunities out there and all it takes is Angriville to point them out, cause we are so lazzzzzzzzzzzzzzy, we can't or won't accept/embrace all these great changes that have recently been forced upon the farm community. The screw at the sample shack, is the closest thing that I can relate to at our 3 - 4 htp elevators, within a 100 - 150 miles of our farm. In other words ya get what ya get and there ain't nothing you can do about it, except go back to the competition who screwed you a year or so ago, on another occassion. In Ag nowadays you have to love sex and travel, cause that is the nature of the beast. Relationships, I don't think so!!!!!!!!!

Comment

snappy, Here is a price for malt barley, $12.00 a bu., posted by our former friends at the defunct AU company. Now you can't get that price, cause they won't buy your grain at that price, but they say that is what they would pay IF, they wanted malt, but they don't. ***Here is the price that I'll pay FOB to our farm, $15.00 a bu.*** But unfortunately I don't want any malt barley, maddening ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! This is farm economics at its best, a dream world filled with dreamers, a special deal for me,myself and I. I hope the dirty 30's return to everyone else except meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! Wonder what my useless neighbours are up to today?

Comment

Burbert,

You have certainly explained much in these last two posts.

I am amazed you have not quit farming by now... with an attitude like you exhibit here... I am surprised anyone would want to buy your grain... I know I wouldn't!

Comment

snappy, or is it yappy, I bet you are a little pipsqueak, pretending to be a big wheel. You know what dogs do to big wheels, or dooooo you? At any rate, here's a news flash, you'll never rent or buy our land. I'll pick and choose whether or not to quit farming, when I please, no cause the guys/gals on angrivile want me to go. As far as angrivile having anything to do with grain prices, yeah right! In this business right now, the suckh---s and buttk---ers are really in the drivers seat lining up with grain companies and railroads is sure to make you big bucks, yukkkkkkkkkkk!!!!

Comment

Burbert,

Simple question, after your dead and gone... will anyone miss you? Do you plan on taking all your hard earned money and grain in your bins with you?

What do you think... bite, chew, kick and scream... for every last cent... for what? Why are you doing this...

Or are you bluffing and kidding around with us!?!

Your really just the biggest kidder here on Agri-ville?

Sneaky GUY that you are!

Comment

Tom4cwb, Don't worry about me TOM! You farm your way, cozy, happy, at peace with your friends and neighbours, the almighty, grain companies and railroads. I'll farm my way, scratching and grabbing at the tiny morsels, thrown my way. Here's a question for you to think about, How come the Hut. colonies are never accused of being Commie? After all they live communally, only CWB supporters are accused of being Commie here on agnriville. Guess it is because they are such good PC,s eh!!! I hear that they don't even vote, at election time. Wonder if any voted during the barley pleb?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...