• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week of 30 gone and another on way!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week of 30 gone and another on way!

A week of 30 is gone and no rainfall in our area the odd shower popped up but no meaning full rain.
    5 day forecast calls for 34 Canola needs a rain by Friday night or it is going to be cut in half.
    Looked at canola West of Regina and North They needed rain on Monday.
    As far as Canola left in the bins yet, out of 100 clients throughout Sask, Total production of all left in bins 10,000 bushels thats it boys bins are basically empty.
    Critical time is here and forcast is Sunday will be the Killer.

The weather is relentless.
    Have an outbreak of wheat midge here also.
    According to what I have been reading my wheat crop should be cut to less than half. Hmmm was a ten. Am hoping lots of predators on the midge.
    Next will be Berthas here on the canola.
    Those one will be more easy to see if real damage is occurring so as to decide if should spray, just hope still have a crop to pay for it all and make up for several tuff years.

Comment

This was suppose to be the crop that paid off all those years of bad crops and no Fed/Prov help well mother nature is going to stop that thought in its tracks. Looked at late HRS and found midge on more western part of our farm tonight will go nuts.
      Bertha were rated at 900 so far so scouting for that but at least that one you can tell damage

Comment

Welcome to "global Swarming"...with the heat also comes the pests.

Comment

Yeah, here we go again, as I have mentioned a few times on this forum unlike the sask ag propoganda, the crop is not in the bin yet, and it looks like quite probably our bumper crop is headed below average. Prices will help but not enough for crop insurance premium increase, fuel increase, parts increase, cost of living increase, and fertilizer increase. I know guys even in our area counting their money from this crop to pay losses of the last 4 or 5 years and that's gone, I think maybe now more farmers will start to get serious about the lack of respect, and commitment to funding this new government has shown the rural areas because just breaking even this fall isn't going to be enough for thousands of farmers again. It's time for us to start hammerring the doors of these MP's to start the ball rolling on something serious this fall not any more of this this bull, because come fall time the vultures making the real money off our sweat are going to be at the door!

Comment

Drove around a bit of Southern ALberta yesterday. Early crops will be pretty good. Will be quite a few fields of peas combined next week. Saw rye and winter wheat being swathed. Not much canola to be seen on this trip.

Later seeded crops, and those on stubble, are really taking a beating now. This morning, at 7 am, it was already 27 degrees, with a strong dry wind! We normally don't get any rain in the next month, except for the odd thunderstorm

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...