• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Speed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Speed

http://internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/

For you guys on satellite can you log onto the above site and advise your results. Is satellite faster than cable?

My download is 16.0 Mbps
    Upload is 522 kbps

I use Shaw Extreme.

Using radio internet connection (not satellite) my speeds are:

Download 482 kbps

Upload 245 kbps

Sure would be great to get the shaw high speed service in the rural areas.

Comment

Download 1.37 Mbps
      Upload 1.75 Mbps

Fixed wireless.

Comment

Poor boy do you have xplornet? I have the same as you, I am near ready to trash mine. Cannot even bid on RBauction.

Comment

Shaw extreme is amazing for downloads but sux on uploads.

Dalek: thats impessive upload capacity. Who is the provider?

Comment

I get a different speed here:

http://www.speedtest.net/index.php

than here:

http://internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/

It not just a little bit. 492kbps vs 1075kbps for the downloads. The uploads are pretty close - approx 140kbps. I'm on a non-satellite wireless system.

Comment

Tried Explornet for 2 weeks and sent it back, it acheived only half the speed they promised 230 kbps download. Slow speed is my only other option so I hope SaskParty comes up with some new towers. Sasktels sole purpose was to supply equal and afordable phone service to all, INTERNET is todays technology so lets give it to all and become a leader. Cell service and wireless internet from border to border sounds like a great idea to me.

Comment

on speedtest.net

I'm 23023 kb/s download
                849 kb/s upload

Comment

Larry,

On Speedtest... with wireless radio (SYBAN [Rodgers})we are:

3500kb/s
                  1300kb/sec
                  68 pings

Comment

LWeber, that's xplornet in Ontario. Brand new transmitter on a tower a mile from my house.

Comment

Tom4, What do you pay for that service? I have our wireless(radio) provider's fastest package($75/mth) & only get 1100kbPS down, 700kbPS up.

Comment

Hopperbin,

I have wireless(radio) from pcc communications. I used to have lincsat (now explornet) and quit because the wireless was 1/2 price, but unfortunately it it just as slow.

I am told that the wireless air cards that use the cell phone towers are quite quick, and about the same price as satellite.

Comment

wedino,

These guys don't like torents... but we are close (2mi) to the tower on the local elevator... not too much traffic... DSL in town... unlimited service for $50/mth. Their software didn't work well to charge for upgrade services ... so they ended up charging everyone the same AMOUNT.

This is one 'Pool' we do do well on...!!!

Comment

thanks Larry it is interesting how the internet varies across the west. My service via wireless link between a tower and my house is 1.1mbps download and 1.17 mbps upload.
                            Can vary at times and has some down times too.
                            How is high speed internet progressing across the west? has the SK and MB governments got a plan in place to get high speed to each rural community?
                            Jeff

Comment

NOT as long as we have a crown corp. providing the service will we see high speed servuce in the rural areas. Was told rural people do not need it.Villages and towns can have it but NOT farmers they might get TOO smart and can not have that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...