• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clean up Ottawa!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Agstar on this one

Comment

Why would you say harper is toast?

Consevative voters love what he is doing.

Oh the opps will probably bring down the gov't but everyone is so **** sure the GG will allow the opps to try and form a gov't, but I wouldn't be so sure.

I give the coalition 3 months max before Duceppe stabs the Libs and the Dippers in the back. The we have an election, which coalition voters will dole out much harsher punishment on their respective parties than conservative voters will heep on conservatives.

But in those three months the dippers will have forced the coalition to cancel the 50 billion tax cut which will cripple the economy even more and the coalition will borrow 100 billion or so and give it to lord knows who in order to prpo up redundent jobs.

With harper this countries financial condition is still pretty solid compared to other countries but we will crash harder than most once the NDP are given some key economic portfolio's.

But on the bright side after the feb election we should have some clear sailing with fifteen or twenty years of consevative majorities.

Comment

Maybe I should clarify. I agree about the early Christmas present.
        The thought of a liberal, NDP & Bloc government is frightening to me. But the conservative's hamhanded method of handling just about everything (including the CWB) is going to cost us dearly. Maybe a little finesse and cooperatoion might be in order for this minority government.

Comment

bluefargo, this is the whole point of this engineered crisis,

these three parties will never be accomodating, and harper is seeing if this government can even function, well now we know it can't because the opposition don't care about canadians only themselves and their lust for power.

So give them the keys and watch them destroy the country and they won't be able to blame harper for it.

Comment

AdamSmith

Ofcourse you could be right.

Its not a foregone conclusion that the Gov. Gen. would accept a coalition proposal if it should come to that. But you never know. The other option is an election which nobody wants.
            This may be the first time in decades that a G. G. has actually had to think and make a decision. Who knows what the outcome of that might be.

I don't think I can buy the argument that the 3 opposition parties will hang themselves should they happen to form a government. They are pretty like minded and thier staying power might surprize you. I just don't want to take that chance right now.

I'm probably naive but I like to think that the Conservatives could accomplish a lot right now. The Liberals are weak and the public has no appetite for an election. I repeat what I said before. I think a little political finesse and cooperation would go a long way.
            To be honest I am tired of Steven Harper's chip on the shoulder approach. He's got lots of political smarts. I think the public would like to see him use them to get something done.

You've got to admit cancelling this program which pays - what is it? - a $1.75/vote has nothing to do with fighting the world financial resession.
            It is a provocation and this is where I agree with Agstar. There was a Liberal hack on CBC tonight saying this possibility of bringing the government down has nothing to do with ending the payment to political parties. It's to do with thier dissatisfaction over Harpers's handling of the financial termoil.
            B.S. I say. But its the type of argument that might work for them.

Another commentator said it was like throwing a political hand granade(sp.?)
            into the opposition benches. I guess I want to see more action and less political games. Find another time to fight over taxpayer money going to political parties.

There are important things to be done right now.

Comment

AdamSmith

Ofcourse you could be right.

Its not a foregone conclusion that the Gov. Gen. would accept a coalition proposal if it should come to that. But you never know. The other option is an election which nobody wants.
              This may be the first time in decades that a G. G. has actually had to think and make a decision. Who knows what the outcome of that might be.

I don't think I can buy the argument that the 3 opposition parties will hang themselves should they happen to form a government. They are pretty like minded and thier staying power might surprize you. I just don't want to take that chance right now.

I'm probably naive but I like to think that the Conservatives could accomplish a lot right now. The Liberals are weak and the public has no appetite for an election. I repeat what I said before. I think a little political finesse and cooperation would go a long way.
              To be honest I am tired of Steven Harper's chip on the shoulder approach. He's got lots of political smarts. I think the public would like to see him use them to get something done.

You've got to admit cancelling this program which pays - what is it? - a $1.75/vote has nothing to do with fighting the world financial resession.
              It is a provocation and this is where I agree with Agstar. There was a Liberal hack on CBC tonight saying this possibility of bringing the government down has nothing to do with ending the payment to political parties. It's to do with thier dissatisfaction over Harpers's handling of the financial termoil.
              B.S. I say. But its the type of argument that might work for them.

Another commentator said it was like throwing a political hand granade(sp.?)
              into the opposition benches. I guess I want to see more action and less political games. Find another time to fight over taxpayer money going to political parties.

There are important things to be done right now.

Comment

Boys:
                you are missing the boat. Harper is sending a clear message that if we have to send a clear message.To the rake and file that the gov"t.is taking measures. That the govt is taking tough measures from the top down. Recession is enemy #1. Forget partisone alligence. The country is as we know it is our first concern.

Comment

Maybe he should have started in in his own caucus by trimming all the new parliamentry secretaries he appointed, that would have been more sincere. It has never been what is good for the country, it's how to get elected and screw the other parties. A true leader rules by consensus not confrontation, Mr. Harper is all about confrontation.

Comment

Agstar77,

That Chretien is cheering the ND Libers on... brings back MANY MEMORIES.

You want to talk about dictators? Jean was as good at it as anyone that was ever a CDN PM.

All this does is delay any parliamentary action/legislation. PM Harper has no mandate to hand power over to Dion or Layton.

Talk about a bunch of spoilt brats... the opps true colours are clear and a present danger to the average CDN.

Comment

Most of the former Prime Ministers had there share of arrogance, but you gotta know when to fold them, especially when you have a minority and there is a grave economic crisis.

Comment

Well said Agstar, Harper has no idea how to govern with a minority , he might make a good mp. but definately not prime ministerial material.

Control Control Control the man is f#@#$%$^&^#@

Like I said two months ago , they have blown our surplus budget and are the biggest spending government in recent history. And now they are trying to pass this off as part of the economic slide that has taken place!!

Bullshit there has never been a conservative gov't that knew how to run a calculator -- this one is no different

Comment

Mustard,

You can't be serious... this has been all about the LACK of stimulus spending on manufacturing... forestry...

So what are the opps asking for?

Piles of lumber/vehicles... to be stored alongside the already growing inventories of unneeded products $$$Billions of deficit monies wasted... FOR WHAT... another couple of months of...

We need to change what we produce... to make sure we produce what the world NEEDS.

Where anywhere in the economic statement... did Conservatives lack recognition of these principals?

By the way... The Conservative Party members appear NOT to have a position on the funding of federal politics in Canada... or I am sure we would have heard about this during the Policy convention in Winnipeg two weeks ago! Not one policy that members approved in Winnipeg... comes close to creating the firestorm funding of federal politics created.

As CTV said... this defunding debacle has done more to unite the LEFT... than anything else Conservatives have done since being elected in 2006. Like poking the opps in the eyes...

Just like defunding culture projects in Quebec...

NOT SMART POLITICS.

Comment

"Harper has no idea how to govern with a minority..."

The fact that he's done it longer than anyone else has tends to suggest otherwise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minority_governments_in_Canada

Comment

Francisco, yes he might have been in "power" but I said he doesn't know how to "govern" with a minority.

His personality does not lead towards "governance during minority "
                              This means working together and getting consesus on issues. Kind of stuff he talked about Immediately after being Elected!

Look what is happening south of the border ,Obama is including some republicans in inner circle during this time of crisis. Can you imagine Steve doing this? hell he can hardly bring any of his OWN mps in the circle let alone from another party. Control freaks have a hard time sharing.

Comment

Wasn't david emerson from the other side to get insight on forestry industry.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...