• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHILL OUT!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustardman,

"It funny how many people don't understand how how our Canadian Parliamentary system works"

Folks out here understand alltoo well... that is why they are ANGRY.

They remember 1980... and what PET and the Liberals did then.
    ]
    Burbert... all I did was report to you what folks express to me.. don'[t blame me for their anger... lame the Liberanos/NDs. No one expects any less from the Bloc.

Folks don't want to have to do what the BLOC does... so of course this makes them ANGRY... this will break up our country... which we love.

WAKE UP GUYS.

This is SERIOUS.

YOU WILL NOT GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING... THE EXPECTATION IS WHY REALITY IN ALBERTA///WESTERN CANADA... OF THIS SITUATION... BRINGS TRUE DISGUST AND ANGER.
    YOU WANT TO BREAK UP THE COUNTRY WE...
    LOVE...
    AND OUR FOREFATHERS FOUGHT AND DIED FOR.

Comment

mustardman,
      For any Government to make a written pact with other political parties who's agreed purpose is to keep Canada' s confederation intact, is very different from making a written pact with the seccessionist Bloc party, especially with concessions in it that surrender responsibility. A very very disturbing distinction. Pars

Comment

The Bloc has nothing to lose in this little coalition coup attempt; their express purpose is to break up the country and doing so from inside the walls of government just makes it easier.

The truly disturbing thing is how the Libs and the NDs would stoop to this kind of action, regardless of the consequences to Canada. Layton, pompously thinks his importance will increase if this unholy alliance lands him on the government side of parliament hill.
        Dion, first jilted by voters, then his own party, is now being heralded as a good choice to be next Liberal PM (Yeah…right) of what could quite likely become known as the former country of Canada.

And to blame this on Harper?? ….Because he provided a fall financial update, which they claim was rejected because it didn’t contain a stimulus package. Nope, they’re adamant it wasn’t because of the removal of the $1.95 vote subsidy, that would be self serving and they wouldn‘t send our economy into peril for that. How many people honestly believe this ……… story?

Harpers biggest miscalculation is not predicting just how low the opposition parties would stoop.

Comment

FarmRanger,

The biggest miscalculation has to be Iggy... and how Dion is shooting his opportunity to become PM. Talk about a self destructive group... only folks worse are the ND's.

The Bloc... had absolutely nothing to loose... and hoped they could hijack the Quebec election with this coalition.

PM Harper has a real headache ahead of him... as does his Cabinet.

This was about the only way the Conservatives could have got input from the opp's... they never had any intention to do anything (give input) in good faith... PM Harper at least has a good idea where they had the most interest in working with industry.

Iggy is the biggest looser out of this whole mess... did he ever get sucked in by Layton!

Comment

You might be right about Iggy, although to be fair I think he looked uncomfortable with the boneheaded coalition with the NDs and bloc.

Harper may not have miscalculated either, he just might have gotten wind of the coalition plan and flushed them out prematurely with the threat of the loss of their $1.95 hogtrough entitlement.

Crazy like a fox.

Comment

We'll see how crazy Steve is at the next leadership revue ,from I'm hearing there are alot of long time conservatives who are pissed off big time.

Comment

mus, A few plumpish red ones are. A few Joe clucks. But they always come home to roost.lol Pars

Comment

ranger, Crazy like a fox is right. if you ever want to know what Harp is doing, listen to EXACTLY what he says.

He said they would resign. And his entire Caucus came with him. And they bloody mean it, And the Gov Gen blinked. no choice. Either she had to say say Yes or suffer through a National riot. pars

Comment

Well, so much for an economic crisis in Canada. I mean, can there actually be one if our prime minister does not feel we need a government for the next 2 months?

Oh and Canada made the headlines in the New York Times today. It appears the world outside Canada is not nearly as happy with Harper's move as we are told Canadians are. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/05/world/americas/05canada.html?th&emc=th

I love a good poker game and that is happened in Ottawa. Harper, holding a good but not great hand tried to gain control of the table in one hand. To his surprise the NDs and Bloc called his bluff and both raised the stakes. And the Liberals went all in. Harper folded and walked away from the table. He will be back, but with a lot fewer chips to play with.

Unfortunately it is apparant that none of these leaders have yet learned parliment is not a poker game and there are no winners except at election time. It is time to work together rather than compete!

Comment

oh i'm sure harper will turn his full attention to the economy now! lol. don't despair dml farmer. my guess is that the govt. could drift on by itself as well as it could be managed by any of the three losers. the only leader in ottawa i trust is duceppe because he doesn't hide his objectives. dion is inept, layton is a total idiot and harper is concerned with being reelected much more than he is with the wellbeing of canada. maybe it would be better with a longer prorogation.

Comment

jensend;

"harper will turn his full attention to the economy now'...

Harper has not... ever... lost touch with the management of the Canadian economy while his party guides Canada.

Face it.

THAT IS WHY the polls are where they are... and why he got a stronger mandate in October.

Admit it.

WOW... what a nail biter... a new standard in Canadian political life!

Talk about a miracle... and resurrection from the dead!

On top... he never blinked... and proved a management standard that historians will comment in our history books!

One of the gretest PM's in history.

Comment

dmlfarmer

I am impressed with your posts. You have a calm inquiring non-partisan way of looking at things.

I wonder who is going to support Harper's budget in January. The Bloc? not a chance. The NDP? never. That leaves the Liberals

I suppose it depends on whether they feel they have thier act together at that time

Comment

They should all take a step back, Dion should step down and let Goodale be interim leader, since he is not in the Liberal leadership race. Besides Dion has been punished enough for his incompetence. The cons should stop the separatist rhetoric cross the house and appoint a Liberal senator to a Cabinet post or at least to some powerful position. The Libs should drop the Coalition Legal or not get on with constructive suggestions to get us out of Deppression 2. BQ should just shut up and layton eat some humble pie. I would suggest Harper step down and let Mckay take over but that would be too much to hope for. If they really have the best interests of this country at heart, they would do this. We need leaders not Bullies or schemers in government.

Comment

dmlfarmer, I am so impressed with your non-partisanship,(tic)LOL, and poker playing abilities, hmmmm. The GG knew Harper wan't bluffing. He called her Lhand. lol
                              btw, if you play poker,you'll know you can't afford to get caught with a marked deck. Especially marked with three signatures,lol,lorty, lorty.lol Pars

Comment

Damn it agstar, I gotta finish for you:

"We need leaders not Bullies or schemers in government..... WE NEED DION".

May I quote you? lol Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...