• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BAD NEWS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAD NEWS

An anylyst,who i highly respect,Marc Faber has an interesting piece in the producer.

Its very bad news coming from somebody of his caliber.The last question and answer is unbeleivable.

Q:if you were a farmer what would you do right now to avoid the risks of the current situation and set yourself up to take advantage.

Answer:Right away all farmers should stop paying interest on debt march down to the finiancial institutions,burn down the banks and ask for a government bailout as well.Hanging the banker would also be a good idea and lead to a more stable world.

Farm Credit Corporation is a good example of an institution gone amok. Many farmers say FCC is more interested in glitz and being corporate donors, and having flashy PR packages than in giving low-cost loans to farmers. 'Acting the part' of conducting sound business supercedes providing low-cost loans to farmers. Pars

Comment

Perspective

One day, the father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the express purpose of showing him how poor people live.

They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.

On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, 'How was the trip?'

'It was great, Dad.'

'Did you see how poor people live?' the father asked.

'Oh yeah,' said the son.

'So, tell me, what did you learn from the trip?' asked the father

The son answered:

'I saw that we have one dog and they had four.

We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end..

We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night.

Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon.

We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight.

We have servants who serve us, but they serve others.

We buy our food, but they grow theirs.

We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them.'

The boy's father was speechless.

Then his son added, 'Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are.'

Isn't perspective a wonderful thing?

Comment

another thing ive seen a few times,just posting random stuff.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.huntingcentral.net/images/hunting/mule/Mule1.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.huntingcentral.net/hunting_photos8.htm&usg=__-_gwQGRMxUHvbOkcWWBDh1jOks8=&h=418&w=600&sz=48&hl=e n&start=15&tbnid=RmtR014sl6HfNM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=135& prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmule%26hl%3Den

Comment

Actually pars FCC has the lowest lending long term rates out their right now. Booked a good sise number and interest is 5 or less depending on your rating locked in for 7 years.

Comment

Well, Sask, I stand corrected. Had heard some comments by farmers the other day, but perhaps they did not look as good TO FCC as they would have liked. It's two ways. Are they still mainly targetting farm loans? Pars.

Comment

I'm with saskfarmer on this on We do alot of work with them and consistently they have come out with the best rates.
              Parsley
              they have something in their act of parliament that restricts them to Agriculture.
              but that does not just mean wheat.
              I spoke on a panel at one of their conferences a few years back
              on the panel was the CEO of heartland livestock and a greenhouse guy from Chilliwack with 120 acres under glass growing organic greens for the cruise ship industry.
              Also just got back from their big ideas forum speakers were Rex Murphy
              Joan McCusker and Dave Chilton(wealthy barber)
              a great one day motivational event.
              Well worth the drive for anyone else who deals with them

Comment

Thanks for that gusty. I'm really pleased if agriculture continues to have a lender with an atractive interest rate for farmers. Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...