• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Browsers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie than main reason a so called open market wouldn't work along with the CWB is that a few producers or companies would try to cherry pick the best easiest market(US) and leave the rest of the world market to everyone else.

Comment

Mustardman,

'Where did the Contingency Fund Surplus Go?'

Wasn't there over $50M... in the CWB fund... just 2 years ago?

And what about our 2007-08 final payments? Just guess how much under the PRO they will be!

dO YOU BELIEVE THE CWB WOULD SQUEEK ONE PEEP... WHILE THE ELECTION WAS ON?

aND THE CWB CONTINGENCY FUND BALANCE.... IS IT NEGATIVE $70M... OR $150M... LOST... NEGATIVE... ON TOP OF THE WASTE OF THE $50M?

AND THIS IS ALL POLITICAL...

BECAUSE THE POOL ACCOUNTS ARE REALLY THE RECEPTION INSTRUMENTS OF THE CONTINGENCY FUND...

AS ALL CWB RISK MANAGEMENT BASES BACK TO THE POOL ACCOUNTS.

cARE TO SPECULATE ON HOW MUCH THE PRO WILL DROP... AND THE 07-08 POOL WILL BE SHORT mUSTARDman?

Comment

Just note that open market works for most parts of the world and all
        commodities. Even barley in Canada - it is an open market crop with the
        exception of malt barley. Interesting the malt barley with the cashplus
        comes close to an open market (no cigar because of the administrative crap
        and expense the CWB dumps on the supply chain). So wheat is your world
        experiment - prairie farmers are alone in market where all other farmers are
        able to respond to market.

I note the thread started talking about risk management. This will be job #1
        for the new CWB board of directors. That question will come to a head
        when the 2007/08 annual report is released and results of the contingency
        fund are disclosed. From there, how the CWB will offer daily cash prices
        and maintain their current dogma around single desk.

Comment

stubblepumper;

Take one look at the Aussie system... with many pools... many cash price providers... all working in harmony.

Your fear mongering is becoming old and tired... it has proven to be FALSE.

Saying it over and over... does not change the facts.

Fact: the Aussies are closing pools... all over the country... on many of the grains that have pools... and starting new ones. Many Friday... and on the weekend.

If the CWB had any brains at all... they would have followed the Aussies to a tee on pool management... and it would save us 100's of millions of $$$.

What a sad state of affairs... the CWB intentionally destroying itself... which only takes our $$$ and dumps them down the toilet.

Flush!

Comment

Mustardjumper;

I suppose I should apologize...

I forgot that in the southern hemisphere (Aussieland)... the spin on the toilet flushs is different (anti-clockwise)... so obviously the pools will not work the same way in Canada... (will spin clockwise instead)... !

My mistake!

Comment

Mustard if a few companies want to cherry pick a a certain market then they should be allowed to do just that. The more we can cater to the markets the better off everyone will be.
              What about our local value added business? An open market would also be better for building value jobs. What about the chinese maltsters that cannot buy from the CWB because they have been told there is no more malt in Canada because it would lower the pro but pay much better than feed? There are markets out there for the better of us all.

Comment

Chrome is a POS so far. Firefox is fine, IE7 is okay, but I like the Avant browser and use it almost exclusively.

Comment

What is special about Avant? pars

Comment

Built on IE base but has tabs like IE7 but is faster IMO. Have used 'em all but will stick with Avant. Try it...you vill like it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...