• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old fools2

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agstar if "Steve" doesn't appoint them one of the three little pigs will appoint them.ie Layton who told a crowd of people at ag days in 2007 that our cows had sars, what a idiot!!!!!!! Or mike who works in the US for most of his life or to a sepratist from Quebec.

Comment

Does preston manning even talk to harper anymore?

Comment

Pretty tough for a young farmer to run in the CWB elections. How would he do both jobs? Lets not be niave. If you broke down the support for the CWB by age you would see the support drop dramatically from old to young. I am a young farmer who looks at my farm as a business with no emotion attached. I want to make a certain margin per acre just like any other business. I can not do this with CWB grain cause I don't know what the price will be or even how much they will take. Crazy? In Jan US farmers were offered $13 a bus act of God clause. I could have hauled it all in and have a cheque already. You have to have blinders on to see that the CWB is the way to go. They haven't realy changed much in 75 years.

Comment

So there should be a whole bunch of young spuds run for CWB election, then change the system from inside eh! The problem is that the young spuds, can't get any support, from the old guys/gals, out on the farm. Well you young spuds, should point out to them that you have a home computer, the willingness to do whatever it takes to make a good grain sale corruption be damned, whatever it takes to make money for farmers. Then you young spuds will surely git elected. Show us the money spuds and we'll support ya!!

Comment

burbert

How about you old fools show us the money.

Comment

first of all i thought i did with the $13 durum contracts but as usual Burbert you missed the point. Its not about the highest price, its about margins. risk management, all words you don't understand. I would love to come and see Burbert what you have done with your farm. I think it would put all your comments on this site in perspective. Just shows you calling me and generation young spuds how little respect you have. YOU will be rolled over in the future by us if you are unwilling to change.

Comment

Profarmer actually Layton wants to Eliminate the senate and I think the Bloc does as well .

Comment

They may "say" they want to eliminate the senate, but who here thinks for a nanosecond that they wouldn't encourage their own cronies to accept senate seats offered to them?

Comment

Mustardman the Bloc wants to eliminate Canada and the NDP wants to eliminate all Bussiness, Unionize them and put The head of the Green party in the senate

Comment

Mustard man with Layton's support The Conservatives will have all the votes they need to reform the senate.
                      Now if only the Liberal dominated Senate will go along with that.
                      talk about circular arguments.

Who was it that said that they have entitlements to their entitlements?

Comment

keeping on the Old fools thread
                        I have found in my CWB campaigning that many old farmers that still live on the farm are split on the issue I tend to have more who I talk to anti monopoly but I know there are many real farmers still on the land who love the CWB and all that it stands for. But there lies the heart of the issue REAL farmers

In my district # 6 in just a quick look over the voters list and easy math
                        ( I know how much the monopoly supporters hate math)

this is what I figured
                        Calgary had 35 voters in district 6 Regina 62 Swift current about a dozen 3 ladies from Delta BC
                        Edmonton about 20
                        moose jaw 42
                        the above cities are all outside the district I had a bunch of Ballots go to all over the states mostly California
                        and all over Canada mostly BC and Ontario
                        but its also the cities and big town where people retire to that get me Melfort had 242 voters
                        Saskatoon had 661
                        PA 185
                        Davidson where I live and farm had 222 voters there are not that many farmers in town!

I see no reason why people who are not primary producers get the same vote as the ones who make the decisions
                        Then that leads to minimum thresholds and voting by tonnes delivered
                        I realize that none of these issues are new but also how important these issues are.
                        It all goes back to how the voters lists are created and being inclusive does not equal fair.
                        The monopoly has supporters, just who do they represent?

Comment

If the CWB could do a breakdown of voters in this poll of theirs
                          I would like to see who they represent

statistical data they could pass along to their farmer shareholders

Age Gender
                          Primary Producer/ Landlord
                          RM they farm in
                          Tonnes delivered
                          Monopoly/Choice
                          Other issues
                          Then mash it togeather so individuals can't be identified

I realize their surveys must do some of this but the BOD has not listened to the results of their surveys so maybe this would help.

Comment

GUYS guys Guys!

Why on earth should anyone... have the right to tell my farm and family who they must do business with?

They don't vote on who we sell our Canola... flax... sunflowers... einkorn... corn... soybeans... pulses... triticale... rye... oats... grassseeds... seed...

Only 'óld fools' would insist they know the best marketing choices for my families farm... and who we must do our business with.

You folks have been sucked into a black hole... the weather must have turned cold... precipitating a 'silly season' here on Agriville!

( :{ Grin!

Comment

Tom
                              just trying to think like a Liberal

As heard on "The House" yesterday morning
                              Liberal Rules.
                              1)Always play by the rules
                              2) If you don't like the rules, use the rules to change the rules.
                              3) Always stand by the rules.

Comment

Gustgd,

Your observations on where the voters live in your district is a key point in the cwb format and election process that is in error.

Why should landlords and retired parents, etc that are phasing out of farming or not even actively involved be shaping the future of the cwb. I would probably tend to vote for the cwb if I was a landlord as well because of the stability that provides. Even people who have not grown wheat in years are eligble to vote. That is not right either, why should farmers that do not even grow the product have input into how it is handled.

One voter per person it what is wrong with the cwb. If it was based on tonnes it would be balanced accordingly. I think that a full time wheat farmer with 15000 acres of wheat has a much more vested interest in the outcome of his grain marketing and pricing than a part time farmer with a 160 acres of wheat and a full time job off the farm.

If the vote was based on tonnes, and the cwb still won with a 62% margin, I will shut up and assume that the voting is correct.

Why can't the voting be done on computer? If you are using the e-services, it would be a natural to vote the same way, and should cost way less.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...