• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat and Barley

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat and Barley

Langdon North Dakota
    Spring wheat 14% protein $6.20
    Conlon barley $4.00 u.s.
    That is $7.20 can. and $4.80 can, cash when you dump the truck and leave.
    They will pay more for higher protein in the wheat, this allows them to blend. This fall certified conlon was
    $5.65 u.s. off the combine. This in my opinion is where the board has to change and move to. Cash sooner, with out a lot of paperwork and mixed up politics. If we are stuck with the pooling system, then change the pool
    to end 3 times per year. We need to push for more I.P. contracting on barley. Our farm grew Conlon this year, from certified seed, and it yielded just under 100/acre. A properly run program would have returned a lot of cash. Even today the markets for I.P. barley, outside of western Canada, are paying a lot for the grain, rather than lumping it all together.

Tried to contract directly with a maltster this year but they said it was too complicated working with the CWB to pay the farmer directly. Maybe its the cashplus program but they said its easier for them to deal with CWB authorized grain dealers to process payments. What the hell?

Comment

In the past, I too have tried to deal with small CWB grain agents. Never had any luck, cause their standards appear to be even higher than those at the CWB. I've also watched the way they treat other farmers, bringing in samples and trying to make deals and deliveries. DISGUSTING is the word that comes to mind, they treat farmers like S--t! So much for the open, unfettered, every man/woman for himself market. Just look at the current stock market meltdown and corporate corruption. Look at all the good things that the unregulated open, utilities markets have brought us. Innovative billing, zero service and arrogance, don't forget ARROGANT way they treat you, when you make an inquiry about your bill, or service...

Comment

Burbert, just to let you know, I have tried several times to make a buy back from the board, and guess how I was treated. You ought to try it sometime.

Comment

I have been wallpapering. Anybody with a laptop want to tell me if they can read my blog moer easily? I can change it again, if need. Silver, you were having problems. Pars

Comment

It's awesome Parsley.

Just too bad you didn't have it set like that before the elections. Maybe some folks might have learned something - or two. LOL.

Comment

Thanks. Takes a bit of tinkering! Want the printing bigger, smaller? Which color for words is best for reading on laptop? I send all my book material and save it online and I like it in certain formats. What about loading the pages? Slow or ok? Pars.

Comment

Parsley looked at your notebook, nice format , good colour but the information seems to be alot of propaganda .How much are you getting to spread your
                views?

Comment

It's community work, mustardman.lol Pars

Comment

Thats what Tokyo Rose and Hanoi Hanna did as well.

Comment

The difference is this mustardman, I write because I want to write. My money(time).

Some of the people who write on this site hopping and singing about, are paid CWB employees. Farmers' money.

Now, what were you saying about communism, again?

Comment

I'll say this about you Parsley , and your notebook ,you've never let the Facts get in the way of a good Article

Comment

Didn't know you'd get through an entire article without gnashing the enamel off your teeth. lol Sounds like a backhanded compliment to me, though, and coming from you mustard, I'll have to sharpen my pencil as I don't want to read as if I'm getting soft on issues. lol Pars

Comment

www.savemycwb.ca

Ever wonder who is paying them?

Or is it ok when they agree with your thought process?

Comment

Mustardman,

It takes one to know one.

It is sad to think... that you believe it is your right to micro-manage our families farm... yet you refuse to pay the expenses you create for us.

The proof is clear.. in pulses... canola... canaryseed... mustard... if we want to take the time... do the work... marketing our farms' produce without paying you/yours off mustardman... is the gold standard. Respect without discrimination is expected.

We need to be the 'supermarket' for the world... a full service provider without you/yours stopping our business/marketing opportunities in their tracks.

As a wise man said this week... Mustard... there are NO PREMIUMS... only DISCOUNTS.

And the master of all discriminators... and discount marketing... is the CWB 'single desk'.

The CWB, where the lowest price is the law!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...