• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have to start breaking out........

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have to start breaking out........

With fertilizer prices tanking and local dealers out to screw us it is time to go around to the back door. Dap at the gulf for feb 255 US a ton Urea 196.25 and Ammonia 196.25 sombody must know of sombody that can get this stuff up here in time for sring seeding. Truck freight is not that expensive... If you know of any dealer that can acess these prices. I'll find the trucks. Move over dealers we are going through.!!!!!

Yes I agree whole heartily, if their is some dealer that can pull this off you will win our loyalty.
    Some one has to have a answer.

Comment

If Cargill can figure out how to bring in a tandem load of Distillers Dried Grain into Stomps Mill all the way from Iowa. Certainly we should be able to bring up fertilizer which is actually worth something.

Comment

We can't be arrested for arbitraging prices.At least cross border movement,or at least the threat thereof can force prices to respond.
        There's going to be a bloodbath with the fert. dealers.If this system were pooled it would be US sharing in somebody else's unfortunate decision.
        The thing about farming is that any of us who bought fert.at 200% of its normal price also had a chance to cover that purchase with a sale-----of canola at 200%.
        The market is responding to the movements of commodities as it should.But a huge problem for those who are going to have to use expensive fert on their wheat and barley is the inability to make a forward sale.A hedge.In the end it is the drop in commodities that is hurting us.
        Compulsory Pooling is risky.Uncertain.Being forced to delegate this vital function to unseen incompetent functionaries is risky.THEIR DECISIONS----YOUR LOSS.Did I mention risky?

Comment

Freight from the gulf to Canada 180 dollars a tonne, Vittera 485 for 46 0 0 today. CO-OP out to lunch at 550

Comment

Pro, did Vitamin give you an Anhydrous price yet? Just so that I can give my local dealer the coming price before they know it, that is fun.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...