• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop production show?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop production show?

Anyone expect decent contracts at the show next week?

Oats out today for fall at$2.50- $2.60 or $2.75 for Jan.
    I think they will have real low bids, no surprises.

Comment

I expect with renewed demand it could be interesting on the red lentil side! But if you do see a bid that is good for yellow peas if you see a contract sign I would sign two.

Comment

Prepare to have your spirits fall a little when you see Aug. Sept Yellow pea bids around 4.85-5.00 in Saskatchewan. I'm basing that on the 5.10 I saw here on the board in Southern Alberta today. And yes I did let out a little inner groan as I was delivering some 10 dollar peas for 2008. Needless to say I didn't rush over to sign a contract.

Comment

I will sign at $5.00.
          Started growing peas 4 or 5 yrs ago and remember contracting $3.35 - $3.75.

Sure last year I contracted $6 and up,but that will not happen this yr.

Comment

Certainly your decision for sure, I believe from 10 to 5 in 6 months will make an acre or too disappear in the spring though especially when a person can lock in 10 dollar 2009 production canola right now ( 12 plus nexera)

Comment

not too, two ,sheesh time to stop paperwork and off to bed I believe.

Comment

5,00 peas will not buy acres but have acres disappear. If the weather holds and cold is here till mid June. US could have winter wheat crop with frost again. Wheat might be the sleeper. Also the Drought in SA is bad, look at the video really interesting. Also if we have a crappy start to the season were not going to go 3 for 3 for excellent crops. I wouldn't get very gung ho signing any contract this year. Signed contract is way to keep over charging for inputs.

Comment

Have not been a big fan of contracts after I got stung years ago on a lentil contract. Usually sign a small amount before seeding but not always. Just be vigilant and keep in contact with the brokers. Won't make the show this year ( feeding 275 head of cattle for our oldest daughter and son in law for that week---- they are in Florida)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...