• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite beer?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your favorite beer?

The Brewers Association of Canada are on a promotion run, and their front man Luke Hartford, sent me a note which I pasted on my blog. The Brewers Association would probably appreciate a click or two from farmers.

I had some really good beer samples at Rahr Malting at the last WBGA convention. I loved the darker ales, very rich tasting. Parsley

My favorite is Charles Wells Pale Ale, (a crisp, sharp ale) followed by Guiness.

I'm also very fond of Newcastle Brown Ale.

I find Michelob's Amber Bock a tasty brew when I'm in the States.

I don't mind Fort Garry Dark either.

I'm definitely not a fan of the lagers that seem to overwhelmingly populate the North American beer market.

Comment

Like the dark ales the best in the winter and wheat ales in the summer (Grasshopper/Richard's white).

Comment

gleumes but only available around dusseldorf

Comment

My favorite beer is usually the fifth one, they taste great by then.

Comment

LOL Ron, is there such a thing as a bad beer?

However to join the intellectual part of this discussion my favourite beer, locally brewed I note, is Great Western Pilsner!

Comment

Steamwhistle pilsner, Church-Key Brewery Holy Smoke Scotch Ale.

Upper Canada Wheat although I haven't had any for a while.

Used to drink a lot of Golden Lion Blackfly Stout in university.

Also drank part of a bottle of Maudite once in university. Well, got it into my mouth, anyway, before I spit it out.

Comment

Anything but budwiewser,if its the only thing left i almost dont drink it,almost.

Comment

Coors Light or Keith's.
                  Makes a difference on mood I am in. I like my beer.
                  Corona or Dos Equis XX in just a couple of weeks.

Comment

Just about any India Pale Ale.

Definitely Half Pint's Stir Stick Stout.

SaskFarmer3 - since you're going to Mexico, I suggest Sol (better than Corona), Tecate, or Bohemian. I like Dos Equis XX Amber as well.

Comment

Big Rock makes some decent ales and if I can't get them then Keiths is alright.

Comment

My favorite is the one that's paid for by someone else, Rahr gives out free samples huh??? I've heard they only select the best malt barley there....

Comment

or so I keep telling them

Comment

Chaff Ill give the SOL a try. Have had quite a few Tecate.

Comment

I made an error: CORRECTION: I should have written BIG ROCK.

Paul Gautreau, the man in the know at Big Rock provided a group of us(internationals included), with his time and expertise on a booked-ahead tour, and we were fortunate enough to tour the plant, and taste the beer. Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...