• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Fertilizer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Fertilizer

I found this off of a different forum.

http://www.wellingtoncoop.com/index.php?page=ferthist.php

Check out the Ammonia price. How is it even possible to being quoted $900/ton up here??

Even with conversion short to a long ton dollar conversion I come up $650 tops up here.

Snappy,

Had Lunch with the Yara sales rep...

All indications point to...

The $200 low is in... and we are up past $225 and rising Urea (New Orleans).

The US growers are getting past the point (of 2 months lead time) where plants can be put back on line and have product in place to cause a lower low.

Further the Russian Ukraine gas war has caused further shut downs... and problems that cause expensive restart problems... in eastern EU plants.

We wouldn't be surprised to see a 10-15% reduction in corn yeild... from the short fertilisation sernario... vs. the 2008 growing season.

It was simply amazing the number of larger progressive growers that had bought fuel and N in the last 2 weeks!

Comment

Quoted 994.00 a metric tonne for nh3 to my drill and bottle. It may be time to switch to dry. Lets all guess when fert,seed costs reach demand destruction levels. I do not resent my local dealer as they will charge whatever the market will bear, but if we continue to give them whatever they ask then nothing will change and forfeit our right to bitch. If corn remains bearish, fert will not increase.

Comment

We've pulled the ammonia wagon for 20 plus years, the last 10 direct seeding. Most years we prebuy. This year the diffirence between prebuy NH3 and take home urea almost paid for another air cart. We bought urea. So, this spring we will be using a tow between and tow behind cart and using all dry. We have endless options with the two air carts and the drill is still set up for NH3 should we get back to a "normal"?? pricing again. Let them play the games, I'm tired of being held over the barrel with NH3 pricing.

Comment

This anhydrous thing is starting to PS me too. No confirmed price just rhetoric about limited tons and no program coming out from Viterra or Private. We as farmers should have this info or are they waiting because we cant take product and the fake supply shortage is looming?

Comment

Well if todays grain price drops are any indication we should be able to look for reduced fert. costs yet. Limit down corn today?

Comment

SF3 what happened to your buddy who was going to sell you fert below cost

Comment

We had to put the spreading on hold 'til spring, delays with the loral and now too much snow. Too bad b/c up until friday conditions were perfect, just too cold. Anyway the fert is paid for and in their shed until spring(46 for $440tn). This is not a bad thing as I have to move a house between now and thurs. Man was it cold today with that wind. We had to dig two 80ft long trenches 3ft deep and pound out the footings and cement walls around the old house and basement. I hope to go to 'Disney Land' aka - Crop Production Show by Thurs, but things went slow today. We sold the old farm house to a guy for a cabin and the movers just showed up today(October was the orginal time slot - sounds like wheat/barley movement). The next two days look brutal for weather and the house must be offloaded by Friday. The fun never stops! I'll try to take pics, the original house is 24/36 with an adition on the north and south side of different dimentions and floor hights - I'll be amased if it makes the trip!

Comment

Furrow good thing you held off anyway.
                  putting 46 in the snow is just one in a long list of bad ideas anyway. Could never understand some people putting sulpher in the snow either and watching it run off down the creek in the spring.

Comment

Stubble do you realize how much different fertilizer a larger farm needs. Yes the 46 was a deal have enough but if Anhydrous drops to decent level could deliver the 46 back to dealer.

Comment

You must be a treat for your suppliers. Hammer them down to a breakeven level then return the product? Why not resell it for a profit and piss them off a bit more?

Comment

Ron Cargill has been doing that for years well as long as I can remember to get product moving. Anyone with storage space can take delivery of 46 and return it for anhydrous.

Comment

Sorry my bad I guess I don't know all the rules after all

Comment

Just talked to the bother in law that did the 46 anhydrous swap and you only gain if the price increases from now to spring application time. If the price drops your f%$#$ed.

Comment

I don't think I said that right.
                              The dealer is using the farmer for storage basically. So if the price goes up you locked in your anhydrous with bins full of 46. If the price goes down maybe this year is an exception you could exchange at par. At the moment my dealer intends to price anhydrous well above 46.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...