• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billions pulled out of China

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billions pulled out of China

http://www.financialpost.com/reports/credit-crunch/story.html?id=1156102 Excellent report on money leaving China in huge amounts. Could this ripple in US and Now Europe start effecting China and then India.
    Will prices collapse on Most goods (yes grain even more).

Money supply in china still rising.

http://www.financialpost.com/reports/credit-crunch/story.html?id=1156102

Not sure what that link means really but what I know of Chinese is that they are money hoarders. They prefer to spend money on better foods, they dream, live for and talk tastes, flavors, sweet, sour, smell, etc. If they are committing to purchase cheaper grains from the rest of the world it is because they are growing higher value at home.

Comment

I would note that China is not 1 class of consumers but rather many. Population is about 1.3 billion (20 % of the world). Of the 1.3 billion, about 300 mln are middle class (their definition - not ours) and a 1 bln are subsistance. China ability to grow is based on moving people from the subsistance life style to middle class (again their definition). China needs an 8 % growth in GDP to do this.

I am always amazed by the productivity of agriculture in both China and India. Between the 2 countries, they have over 2.4 bln people or 36 % of the worlds population (6.7 bln). Canada has 33 mln people on a large land base(recognizing lots of rocks and tundra) and we export about 50 % of what we produce (grain and meat). Would be interesting to look at things from a North American perspective.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...