• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Willams

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Willams

I had this guy as a prof a while back,and i kind of liked the old sob,but i can not place his position on the cwb.

Anybody know?

Maybe You follow this site Red?

Well lets see, he is a professor therefore no shortage of brains and therefore he's probably in favour of the board.

stir the pot, stir the pot lol

Comment

he served time as liberal party of Sask president. Should answer yer question. was a good prof though.

Comment

Red is at the U of S AG Econ department. He looked amazingly strong at the Crop Production show.

Yes, Red is still an active and energetic contributor to the agricutlural debate despite his dilusions of the grandeur of the CWB, he is still an amazing player. I guess, old habits die hard and no one can be perfect! We did however, surround him and subject him to a rigorous debate (well it really was not a debate since Red did not say much) however he appears to have learned in his senior years to be quite closed mouthed when in the company of those who had opposite views. I noted to him on closing this skill and that we have not mastered this skill of listening quietly even if we dissagree! And since we did not let him speak I have no idea if he still supports the last vestige of the communist block on capital in the world.

Comment

Red would be the first to tell you that now that Australia has gotten rid of it's "board" ,we can expect lower price due to more sellers from Aussie land rather than only one before .

Kind of like our green lentil market 3 or 4 years ago. We held all the supplies but our export companies kept bidding each other down to the bottom

Comment

More sellers, or more buyers.
            I find the best way to get a price up is to have more buyers.

Any attend crop production show, Reds
            (the lentil not the fellow in the title) started the week at 32 and ended the week at 38.

Too many sellers?

Nope too many buyers.

In case some do not recognize this, it is called competition.

Comment

To be more specific it is called a competitive market place. Which is one where many buyers bid sellers for supply.

Comment

Mustardman I am getting off topic a bit but I just returned from 2 months in Australia. This is the 4th time I have been there at harvest time.(relatives) I notice this time that there seem to be two kinds of farmers evolving in the land down under. There are those that are smaller or older or with no one to take over. Then there are those that have a critical mass that are younger or have a son or daughter coming up. They are the ones building bins. They are uncertain of the future like we all are but they are very excited about the future of their farms. They now feel that they have real power.

Comment

Same is happening here Grrr, farmers are entering a stage when the fewer farms have more power, the key here is to
                  1/ recognize
                  2/ drive
                  that power.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...