• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Inflation Time Bomb!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Inflation Time Bomb!

Catching up on some market reading today and I came across this one from December. The motor is being reved up and someday, maybe soon, someone's going to pop the clutch.

http://www.dailylivestockreport.com/documents/dlr%2012-18-2008.pdf

What the f are you talkin about?

Tom4 and kudlow and kramer and bush and harper and maria and rex shit head murphy and mansbridge and flaherty and gooddale and martin and greenspan and clinton and chretian and evey other brain dead loser in the knowen universe said at one point things were going to be o.k.

Everthings ok.

Why would a 40% drop in equities scare you?
    Why would a 40% drop in home values scare you?

What could possibly be wrong?

I just dont get why all these oldsters keep blabbin about how they cant aford to live,get a frickin job at wal mart already you gereatrict.

We are sailing MAN!

Comment

excuse me cottenpicker, but here is my opinion,

your use of language is offensive.

I suppose you'll have some cute response now to prove me wrong, huh?

I don't mean anything by it except if I was in a public place listening to you choice of words, I'd tell it to your face.

Comment

And then i'd slap the arrogant smurk off your ugly face,if we were in a public place.

Just skip over what i have to say.

Fran and me have fought a lot of times over things and have agreed on quite a few too.

So take it all with a grain of salt you thin skinned loser.

Comment

Tough on the internet, probably a wimp face to face!

Comment

hey cottenpicker,

do you see the list to your left of the screen?

second last word towards the bottom.

guidelines.

read them please.

I don't appreciate your language towards me now.

I feel there ways to express opinions without using terminology that you have used . Is it too much to ask that you keep it civil. IF I interupted something between you and the person who posted, excuse me, but then do it in private, this is a public chat space.

According to the chat guidelines, I think you remarks towards me proves you really don't follow the guidelines.

My kid could be reading these posts for all you know.

Comment

You wanted a cute response,and you got it.

If your kid cant handle the letter or phrase "f",but can handle a computer i would call that "f" uped..

Am i still cute?

Maybe you should pull the wool up over your childs eyes and start showing him some things.You know,so he doesnt get eaten alive in the real world by someone who knows more than he does.

Am i still cute?

And yes i'm an extreme wimp that is afraid of his own shadow.

I'm still cute?

Comment

You know, I just told you your use of words was offensive, and why .

Your responding posts have been more offensive and threatening.

If this site feels your type of comments are appropriate, fine . But if that's the case, I hope I have a right to express my concerns too.

Comment

cottonpicken

Are you someone with enough courage to put your name to what you say? Lots
                  space on the left hand side under moderators.

Comment

You can email farms.com with any concerns you have about content. The email
                    is:

webmaster@farms.com

Will note I have looked after stuff in the past by bringing to farms.com attention
                    (yah I am the rat). Joe Dales et al will remove quickly. No more. It is a farmer
                    site so it is up to you as a member of the community and farms.com as owners
                    of the website to determine what is appropriate.

Comment

C'mon cotton, I put my name out there a long time ago. Nothing to hide from or be afraid of, how about you?

Comment

Haven't you watched a CBC movie? Now, that's bad language.

Cott used the letter f. Yes he did. And somebody is gasping?

C'mon.This isn't a playschool site.

Pars.

Comment

i sometimes think people feign indignation about this kind of stuff on the forums...just to bring attention to themselves...i gotta tell ya...there is far more GOOD to be had from the information on this site than a few "bad" words..i would WANT my kids to wade through a bunch of the info on these forums...and risk the odd..(inferred..lol)..vulgarity...i have listened to the kids get off the school bus...they would make cotton blush i think...lol..

gotta take cotton with a grain of salt...i dont always agree with all of his economic philosophies...but he DOES strike me as being rather intuitive...

also...i am a mod on a couple other sites..and i have learned...if you give your opinion on an open forum...about something someone else has said (flaming)..you had better be prepared because all bets are off...you didnt HAVE to opine about the conversation between Francisco and Cottonpicken...it was your choice...vs

Comment

Perhaps you are right about being thin skinned. Ten years doing this should
                            have thicked my skin. Read the full Agri-ville guidelines fully however and then
                            the posts. The guidelines cover a lot more than the occasional four letter friend
                            getter.

vagabondreamer. I note your comment "its your choice". It helps me with an
                            ongoing discussion with Joe Dales/farms.com about choice that I am involved
                            in. There is room on this site to be a moderator again.

Comment

To the original posting, I found the following interesting in the article.

"The obstacle of course is that banks (and businesses and consumers,
                              for that matter) are unbelievably scared. To paraphrase Will Rogers
                              during the Great Depression: They are much more concerned about the
                              return OF their principal than the return ON their principal. That is not a
                              good environment for monetary stimuli, we fear."

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...