• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HRSW?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HRSW?

I found this interesting - "Egypt may halt imports from the Ukraine.... b/c of unsuitable quality for bread flour.
    This brings up the situation that I believe, yes there was a large world wheat crop, but IMO, the majority is low grade wheat and with the drought in Argentina that should leave Canadian wheats at a premium, no?

Funny isn't it. I talked to the cwb people in calgary at a combine to customer conference and they said the wheat from the ukraine was high quality. From the reports I have read that's not the case. The cwb - right on top of things. Unfortunately, they have been matching the ukraine's price, which is the only reason egypt bought from them in the first place - price discovery for shitty wheat and then go to the board and buy good wheat for shitty prices.

Comment

Oh common that bucket a bucket of crap is I ever read one: You know we never get shitty prices for Canadas (er I mean western Canadas best wheat in the world), we get a premium remember. How many times do they have to repeat this before you indoctrinate this fact into your skull...

From what I know most of the wheat in northern and eastern Europe was not great quality.

Now to sit and wait for the premium from the board!

Comment

Bucket,

I heard today... that the best baking wheat... the CWB has ever tested... was 5701CPS Red.

Everything is relative... liquid... and a matter of perspective... ESPECIALLY IF YOU NEVER OWNED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...