• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haveapulse

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parsley,

In looking at investment results... Sask Pulse has had better value for grower investments than the WGRF... from what I have seen.

It is always easy to shoot at those out front... no question they do work hard... and are getting good plant breeding results.

Besides... Alberta and Manitoba need to be better at some things (like volunatary levy collection)...... otherwise you folks in Sask might think you are the best province in Canada!

Comment

I have no doubts about the worth of their work, or the hours spent, or the dedication.

It's about forcing farmers to pay a levy.But it's one o'clock in the morning and I have my thought-protection on. LOL Pars

Comment

Thanks for the correction on the % of the levy, however the point of this is: targeted investment can yield results. Perhaps focusing VOLUNTEER capital, (since most do not support the redirection of the WGFR capital (I conclude)) may have merit if directed to value add. It is an idea.

Thank you McFarms for the explaination of flow through shares, which seem to have merit. Our concept has been promoting tax credits, however flow through shares may be better?

TOM4, even good solid busines plans have difficulty surviving the first 5 to 10 years, even longer in high risk industries such as Agriculture with cyclical production and international factors, or the simple reason it takes years to build the working knowledge of a business (farmers know this well they relearn how to capture the best of their industry each day of each season), starting small and growing into the business is more diffcult in the corporate world, so often capital necessary to survive the Tsunamis that will hit, and often underestimated in the start up costs which is why significant patient capital is needed in the start up.

I am going to start a new post for this discussion which will begin with a copy of a communication sent to Ottawa in an effort to encourage the leaders to look at value add as policy for diversification of raw commodities.

I am away for two weeks, London, Cairo, Ridya, Dubai, selling raw commodities, meeting buyers.

Thank you for the discussion.

Comment

I'll blame the frigid cold for the hard-nosed stance I adopted in the New Year.
          That being said, adopting a strictly clinical view ultimately serves everyone best and is why I concluded that companies built with willing funders will grow. Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...