• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the industry

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on the industry

Was filling out a FCC survey and was asked about thoughts on the industry. Here's mine what are yours?

Before commenting on others thoughts please post your own thanks
    Gerrid

The next few years will really accelerate the rate in which older farmers leave the industry.
    These farmers will rent their land out rather than sell as there are few safe places to park money.

BTW I take the Tim Horton's gift certificate. and donate to soldiers in Afghanistan

One of my landlords won't sell now as he won't get anything on his money. He is not willing to be the banker after I have rented his land for 10 years which equals a good return on his investment.

If more of these older farmers would be the banker like happened in earlier decades FCC and the banks would be begging for our business.

I guess these guys have forgot how they ended up with successful farms.

FCC is tightening up their lending which I find annoying. I could borrow 300,000 when I didn't have a pot to piss in and today I am consider a risk after building a farm from nothing.

FCC is not going to help things along IMHO.

Comment

Good point bucket, Tom4 this is the issue I was talking about. It is about to happen to everyone who needs monet to opperate a farm.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...