• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potash Corp.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potash Corp.

Bill Doyle" People need to eat, farmers need to grow and sell crops and maintaing soil fertility essential for those things to happen." Hey S....D, farmers also need to make a reasonable profit and not be gouged by greedy Companies like yours. He said this after announcing further layoffs and production cuts. So farmers must work at a loss but not him.

I said it before and I will say it again this Genius doesn't understand whats happening.
    Potash is treated like a micro nutrient and is first to drop when price goes stupid.
    Corn needs potash yes but what are USA farmers doing to deal with the fert problem. Simply they are dropping crops that use high amounts of fert and going with soybeans.
    No brainier but the guy from pot just doesn't get it.
    Then their is China, HA HA HA HA you will loose this one dude.
    Good luck tough.

Comment

Bill reminds me of a spoiled brat that had his allowance taken away. Now he's pouting and will not play with the others.
      The exectuctives at POT actually think they are god's right hand men.
      S/F is right, k is helpfull but not essential in Western Canada. There is other souces of cloride, the only thing of use in potash when it is 3 times over valued.

Comment

On the bright side they are paying a hell of a lot of taxes. Supplying lots of people with good jobs. Every little town here is booming. At least one new one to start construction. Surprised China hasn't got their foot into a couple new mines here yet, what are they waiting for? Interesting, all potash mines in Canada have a monopoly. Don't you like monopolies Agstar?

Comment

I agree with you hopperbin
          I was at the budget announcement today and about 20% of govt revenues came from Potash.

I don't buy potash, haven't really needed to. I guess thats Gods way of repaying those of us who have to compete with the mines for labourers.

I heard that the country around Humboldt and between Watrous and Nokomis is alive with guys looking for good places to put mines and that the local farmers are getting together to make sure they get properly compensated. On billions $ mines they can likely make it pay.

Comment

This is only speculation but can't help believing that current Potash pricing has some relation to Chinese contracts signed last year. Maybe Potash corp has a reason to maintain high pricing. If they drop prices below what the Chinese are paying then what are the consequences. Heard that Potash corp alo met with Russian counterparts. Dare we say cartel.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...