• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malt Barley?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burbert if you buy me a jug sure I will take your malt off your hands. I will pay 50 percent on delivery, actually I will hire the trucker. Then make an after payment after I talk it over with my wife in a few months since she is the boss she must approve. Then if anything left over at the end of the year you get that. But be carefull I may have over paid you in the first place so you may actually get a bill at around Christmass time, sorry that is the way it works so suck it up.

Comment

I am extremely sorry Burbert I am being totally unfair here. I will guarantee the 1.50 per bushel initial payment. No bill at Christmas time.

Comment

Ianbin just wondering about another thing is that sample taken when loading the truck on farm to go to malt plant? Are you responsible for storing the barley?

Comment

To the price, heard the maltster cash plus bid $5/bu delvievered plant Alberta for a select 2 row. Farmer was in the Peace/worked back to $4/bu at the bin.

Is this consistent with the price/cashplus bids you are hearing?

Comment

The new crop malt barley PRO (select 2 row) is $4/bu.

How much business has been done with the CWB? If a maltster or exporter were to do business today, would they deal directly with the CWB or use the more visible pricing cash plus? If the CWB used the reasoning this past winter of shutting down the malt barley pricing pool because of risk, shouldn't they be doing the same thing now - i.e. any business maltsters exporter do during the summer has to be direct with farmers via the cash plus program?

Comment

This contract was done oct o8 and covers 09 10 11 only 09 is priced and is at £140/ton ex farm for pearl winter barley 16% moisture max 1.75n 6% screenings.
              2010 contract price should be agreed next week

Best 1 year contract at time was £130 at 15% moisture.

Both are for harvest movement but the three year contracts will get priority so our bins should be clear for wheat.

Vendor assured is new. We are one of six farmers trialing this. Not got details yet but sample taken on farm will be used with no testing on arrival at Coors. Hauliers looking forward to this too as no time wasted with testing and rejections Coors is 100mls from us so rejections really cost.

Had a trip round brewery and given an idea of their problems falling sales due to smoking ban in our pubs and the resecion.
              The real thing I took away was the importance they placed on the concistency of their products to maintain the value of their brands.

Even the water is purified then customised with added salts to mimic the waters of the Trent or Rhine to make either german or english beers in Burton on trent.]

If it does not make the grade the only condition is that Fronier the middle man in this deal will sell as feed.

Contracts today are few and far between at about £100/tonne.

Comment

LWeber Usually the way it works, when someone wants a bottle or kickback. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO SHARE IT WITH THE YOU!
                They take the bottle or cash away with them and then, buy your grain with company money. Nope they don't share it wit you. This is the way that corruption works in most places. Only a farmer would want, or expect to share the bribe he has just paid!!!!!

Comment

Burbert...I was serious when I asked if CWB supporters would favour complete control by the CWB in the malt barley issue versus the present situation where 3 parties are involved. Seems logical that a strong CWB supporter would prefer the CWB to negotiate the contract, the terms, the delivery period, the tonnage, etc. and also deal with any headaches that arise in a dispute. Is that a desireable option to the present system? If not, why not?

Comment

Hello Ianben,

Long time no talk! Did Tim Stonehouse have anything to do with the contracting? Pars

Comment

I don't care, who buys our malt barley, just as long as they live up to the conditions of the contract, contract(s) agreements, or whatever. I hate the snivelling and bs involved in most transactions, ie, moisture isn't consistent, too much of this and that, its costing us too much, you must use our truckers etc, etc. Malties, Smalties, without honor, are scum of the earth!!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...