• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop highlights Week 3 June!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop highlights Week 3 June!

Hrs looking good after frost.
    Durum Still slow but has hit the gas and with a rain will go nuts.
    Barley recovering from frost
    Oats recovering from frost.
    Flax weed problems but came through week of frost great (cant figure out that one)
    Peas weed pressure but turning around, short. Fixing nitrogen is started.
    Canola where should I begin. Serious damaged frost fields still look sick but some revival started will be very late. Those who reseeded have no germination since it hasn't rained. So one plant per foot might make some kind of crop. Flee beetles are out in force. Mid crop seeded mid may and missed some frost since wasn't all emerged is coming along. Late crop is excellent.
    Lessons learned this year. It didn't matter if you have the newest drill, Kept excellent trash coverage, Seeded early, sprayed for weeds at right time, had the best seed varieties etc. Mother nature still managed to show you who is boss.
    Subsoil moisture is still excellent but seems were in a very dry weather system. Spotty rain showers.

Poking around with the soil probe while son-in-law is spraying and we have 1 to 1.5 feet of soil moisture. need shwers to contiue or a GOOD soaker.West side of Lake Diefenbaker.

Comment

County of Camrose just declared a agriculture disaster area due to frost and no rain for 2months pastures are brown hay land is browner Canola beat up real bad by frost and drought

Comment

Drove back from the crop show the long way around and not too many crops looked good, but maybe I was driving too fast! I did not stop to check fields but I assume all the brown fields are small seeded crops. WE are dry in the NW but after that drive, the whole province needs a soaker real soon!

Comment

Finished spraying liberty yesterday afternoon. We are starting to get dry. Got a whopping 1/4 inch on a little over half our land then drove out of the shower. I agree all of Sask Alberta need a soak-er.Photos from last year on the 20Th of June on our canola compared to yesterdays photo and I would say we are definitely two weeks behind normal. That puts us flowering in Mid July. Boy is that great.
          Off to the farm progress show.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...