• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Train2invest?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Train2invest?

I realize this is the Commodity forum but it seems to
    get the most traffic.

Has anyone here ever taken any of this outfits training
    courses? I'm interested in taking some stock market
    courses and am looking for opinions of this outfit.
    They want about $8950 for the course so before I lay
    out that kind of cash I'd like to know if they are legit.
    www.train2invest.com

Yes, they are legit. I am in MB so had to pay for all the fee. I understand that if you live in SK or AB that their provincial gov't approves this coarse so it is refundable through some fed program. They have a coarse available on a specific nite each week. There are 16 sessions, they alternate between tech analysis and Fundamental analysis. The biggest problem that I see is that if you miss an evening then it must be re-scheduled. I don't see why they can't have it recorded and be avail any day for 1 week. You could then email or phone the instructor if you had any questions. It is not very user friendly for farmers in that I am not avail every Tues evening for 16 weeks. It would also be nice if you could be put in touch with other local people who have taken or are taking the coarse. Having said all that, it is a lot of work, but in the last 4 months I have made 27% on my trading account.

Comment

Sounds great if you do not have kids and a wife and a second job besides farming. Oh well I guess that leaves the usual 50 crowd, or the 19-20 year olds. No one with kids can commit to a strict time frame like that. Although it sounds informative those who need it the most can not afford the time.

Comment

Not sure how you could not make money in the stockmarket so far in 09
        Made 195 percent profit on Athabasca since mid Jan.
        Breaking even on the GreatWest Lifeco but they pay a great divident works out to 10 percent per year at the price I bought.
        Made 41 percent profit on Royal Bank shares plus extra on the dividend will always be there.
        All with no training. Not saying you should go it alone like me but I am a bit frugal there is no way in hell I am going to pay them 9grand for a few days classes I don't care how much the Gov't will pitch in.

Comment

I take it that you sold those stocks, otherwise I'd be inclined to believe that you haven't made any tangible, profit. Agreed? Did you at least recoup your initial investment, and let the surplus of your shares do their own thing over time? Just curious.

Comment

Not sold anything. It is for my retirement. IF you sell you have to reinvest, My thinking is be in longer term at least it reduces the trading costs. Of course my shares bought the year prior are still mostly at a loss, There are were some very good deals out there on shares that pay dividends. Is Train2Invest the company that claims you can make 1 percent every 2 weeks even if the market goes down? How are people making out on that on in 08? I would think there there was a lot of shut up mouths for that year.

Comment

Took a major ball kicking on my kids education funds last year. Higher risk mutual funds of course, one of them had a total of 15,000 put in over 5 years and my ballance was under 6000 last Jan. Was just told the investors and managers take 2 percent of your money every year, after time that ads up, pretty tuff to make anything on them funds then so they all got switched to self directed accounts also. The wife also watched the mutuals much closer than I did and found out they often do not make the percentages that they advertise. In other words they were advertising profits for certain years where our balances were actually declining. We set up at RBC they were very helpful.

Comment

I am just throwing my 2 bits in here, where are all the people that took trading classes?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...