• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

21 years with Ag Canada Last Day Today.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 years with Ag Canada Last Day Today.

I know this is marketing.
    Today my contract with Ag Canada was terminated after 21 years. Hell I should be pst but you know kind of relieved in a way. A few years ago the powers that be (some Bureaucrat in Ottawa) thought it was better for us to be contracted employees, Every 5 years or so (when they got information changes passed) we would have to do a RPF. Simply Basic Resume then Telephone book of information in triplicate (Ottawa, our office and archives could have one) about the programs you were doing and financials to back it up. It never mattered how much the farmers liked you or how well you did the job just that you filled in and answered the RPF you were scored and some one with a Masters could beat out some one with Degree etc. We lost a lot of good people over the years who just gave up and moved on.
    Well I lost out. HA HA.
    It will be nice to finally not have to answer to any one but the wife.
    It did make me realize that as a farmer were really not part of Ag Canada. They create programs for media and city.
    Time to sit back and enjoy the summer with the kids and then decide if its time to actually try to make a change or just give up and farm.
    Right now I think I am officially a farmer. God it feels good to say that.
    Best luck with the crops every one. Hopefully it rains.

???you are a confusing person

Comment

Ok I always have been a farmer but it was fun to say Ag Canada when I started working for them. Yes the farm has always been the big earner the Ag canada wage was wiskey money. I am not a big drinker. wink wink HA HA.
      When you live in Regina years ago saying you farmed seemed not right but when you said you worked for AG Canada they made you feel like one of them.

Comment

I would never have thought of you as being a colaborator. Must really have needed the whiskey!

Comment

Sweet tooth. Its so smooth. But hey its been a fun last day. It was contract so worked pretty much from home or lake or tractor, etc.

Comment

Saskfarmer- I know how you feel. This is progress- get rid of the ag reps and get rid of PFRA and so on and so on. Keep going until all we get is answering machines to shuffle us around.

SAD DAY - Agriculture and things related are is an integral part of Western fabric. We counted on the Ag Canada expertise and good service.

All directions come from the Eastern Politbureau(bureaucrats). Where is our Minister of Agriculture? I thought it would be different now.

Comment

The good thing, SASK, is that you will finally grow up and understand what it is like to work and live soley on that farmer income, instead of relying upon a Government wage that comforts the back of your family's mind.

Welcome to the real world.

Pars

Comment

I was under the impression you were the sole proprietor of a large grain farm.

Comment

Pars it was holiday money etc god get in the real world your self. Its a lot easier working with someone who farms vs a city buerocrat.the farm is made up of me a brother plus 80 way plus father. It was contract work in spare time or late at night it got done. I worked for the farmer you think the guy that replaced me will. Comeon pars will he

Comment

I did post it with a wink.

Comment

Sorry kind of in one of those moods today maybe its finally hitting holiday should work only thing its the oulaws reunion. Oh well some one to argue with.

Comment

I wasn't putting myself in your shoes.

You will undoubtdly find something better to replace what you had.

Pars

Comment

I've worked for/with NASA in the past, and I'm just a farmer toooo, wit no degrease. Wow we reallly have talent on Angriville, amazin!!

Comment

So how about that moon shot from the Federal Court of Appeal, Burbert?

Your shuttle is leaking nitrogen and no one within has the degrease to fix it.

Don't fret too long because the government doesn't know what to do with the victory.

Comment

Is someone short a spring in their ballpoint pen from an attempted moon launch Apollo mission?!!!!! SF3 - did you get your outlaws to pick up the fuel tab, now that you're officially unemployed?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...