• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global starvation imminent ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You make an excellent point Bill that each succeeding generation of our well fed children have gotten taller, stronger, and faster from the plentifulness of what is now conventional food. Some admittedly have overdone it with the weight gain without the equivalent conversion of fat to muscle through putting their bodies to work. Yet, I was wondering how many of those highly educated organic eaters, not the super model physique plant eater types who would pass away in the first week of a food shortage, follow the trend of the rest of society and become (organic) couch potatoes. Secondly, I was also wondering if we stranded an organic group on a conventional supplied island, how many of them would eat the food over a self imposed death by starvation? A relatively quick death by starvation compared to eating what most of us consume, and in the midst of plenty would show a level of conviction to their ism. Would many of them worry about some ill that might arise twenty years down the road from eating what was available at the time? You have a more polite way of asking if this is really just a modern day fad that will become like finding the occasional throw back hippy and disco dancer that we have now. I think if you peeled it away, these are the same people who over spend on a purse because they are buying a name in perception that it represents quality. "Fickle" is the perfect word. I further believe that time will tell if there is a saturation point to organics that will tip over and recede. In the meantime, I hope the producer makes a bundle.

Comment

"over spend on a purse"??? Really.

Tell me checking, is your wife wearing a diamond "rock"? LOL

Comment

Fickle. Or did you buy her a crackerjack ring? LOL

Sorry for not being able to rply, but am with a full plate theses days. pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...