• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frost in Alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frost in Alberta

Charlie,]

I was interested that little mention has been made of the -1 at the Edm International airport the other morning... and - 1 in Rocky this morning.

We are not supposed to spray if it gets down to 5 at night... over 15C for most to work right.

Checked the WW last night.... shin high... no tillers... it will be fun cutting 1' high wheat!

.75" on Monday night in much of NE AB... enough to keep the plants alive for a couple more weeks!

Terrible for you guys and sorry to hear it. A bit windy here, but temperate.

Comment

Don't know about -1 at Rocky Tom, but at Rimbey I found a sheet of ice 1/4 inch thick this morning on an upturned lid sitting on my deck. I have pictures to prove it - how much frost does it take to make ice that thick? My potatoes are totally black. Shaping up to be a crazy year again weatherwise. Our May/June moisture was only 62% of what we got in May/June 2002 plus we started with much lower reserves this year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...