• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the Awesome Canola Crops?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday's one and one half hour drive north was surprising because the just-about-all green canola fields had changed to flowering yellow within two days.

I note all plants/crops are in jumping growth in the SE's cool drizzly weather, and with the little bit of rain, they will probably leap to maturity fairly quickly once the heat hits. IMHO. Pars

Comment

Full blown flowering,to just starting.

This is pretty cool to look at.You can zoom in right to your farm,and se how big that drought area is.

http://www26.statcan.ca/ccap/map.jsf?lang=en

Comment

On drive up to lake from Regina to Kamsack. It must have been dryer the last week i was gone because the fields do show signs of running short of water. But it did rain on and off some times really heavy all the way. Hay crop not nice north of Yorkton. Last year was awesome this year OK to poor. Canola same all the way patchy different stages, from out of ground to flowering. With rain could recover but Frost is big concern now. HRS Durum Barley Oats. Disease control will be next on agenda.

Comment

Snippy, is the only farmer, I've heard, that has a bumper crop. Butt he gits one each and every year. So what is the big deal????? Best canolie, see snippy's place.

Comment

Going to be late saskatoons. But they're there. Ha!

Comment

I checked out the farm on the link Cottonpicken
              suggested.... and it is red and yellow....
              embarrassing!

In fact it looks better from the road... at very high
              speeds...lol

BTW... almost 2/10's (4mm) of rain again yesterday
              and last night.... I hope Grandma was right... that
              every little bit helps!

Canola does look much better when it is
              blossoming.... flax has a few blossoms, but seems
              very slow.

Saskatoons are a good indicator of the season, and
              I have also been wondering about the high bush
              cranberries.

Parsley... please let me know when you will be
              picking the cranberries... I will gladly take photos
              and be the "ground feeder"....... Bill

Comment

Where is the awesome canola crop?, SF3 asks. Why right across my property line. Bolted yellow and oh so thick. No, wait a minute. That's an organic wild mustard field. Well, it sure looks pretty!!!!

Comment

We need some heat in S Manitoba to catch up from our late start...

Comment

My Invigor will be getting a drink of Touchdown this weekend.

Comment

Oh!, I can smell Saskatoon pies being baked all over the rural area this morning. It's good to know that at least this wild crop made a success out of our cold spring-summer. Saskatoon pies and a free fishing weekend. Can't get any better in Saskatchewan!!!

Comment

I have some awesome looking canola. To bad its all that vollenteer rr canola from 2 years ago in my rr nexera canola.
                        Saskatoons are just starting to turn color here. Otherwise I would make pies to with 4 days of much needed rain in the forecast. Glad i'm not in the hay export buisness anymore. More time for the lake and worries left behind is great.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...