• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is left in them bins?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is left in them bins?

Just wondering what others are holding for unsold inventory.
    I have 5000 bushels of Yellow peas, but sold some new crop and hoping to move them early august as new crop.
    2 unsold super b of canola.
    5000 bushels Andrew Soft Wheat.
    Not sure I need to mention the 400 bushels of Canary I have had for 7 years.

Nothing. And all the rest of the farmers have nothing too. Its all gone. And this years yield will be poor.

Comment

Durum 20,000 Dam CWB.
      HRS 5000 seed.
      Oats 25,000 If freezes it doubles.
      Pinto beans 500
      Peas 2000 Seed
      Canola some.

Comment

4000 bu, of canola
        2000 bu. of flax

Comment

durum 20000
          HRS 0
          malt 6000
          feed barley 0
          canola 0
          yellow mustard 0

Not sure where the big carry over of canola is coming from. What do you guys think? Wonder if there is any yellow mustard left at all.

Comment

are you guys telling the truth
            just read Kevin Hursh, he says that alot of farmers dont give accurate answers to statscan, I dont

Comment

Everything!!!

Comment

We have 50,000bu of malt in the bins yet, and 50,000 bu of oats.

The oats have been by far my biggest mistake of my marketing career. Set a target master last summer at 4.45/bu and went on vacation for a couple of weeks, saw that the futures had gone high enough to hit so I assumed that they got picked up, apparently the elevator raised their basis that day so the price never made it, been waiting for 4.45 ever since. Sold some into the states a couple weeks ago for 2.25, will probably hang onto the rest. The elevator wants me to haul them in on a $59 basis with the option to price on the January futures. $59 seems high to me, what do others think.

Comment

Farmhill:
                  I sold everything and have nothing left is false.

If the statement is true, everything asserted in it must be true. However, because the statement asserts that it is itself false, it must be false. So the hypothesis that it is true leads to the contradiction that it is false. Yet the sentence cannot be false for that hypothesis also leads to contradiction. If the statement is false, then what it says about itself is not true. It says that it is false, so that must not be true. Hence, it is true. Under either hypothesis, the statement is both true and false.

However, that the liar sentence can be shown to be true if it is false and false if it is true has led some to conclude that it is neither true nor false. This response to the paradox is, in effect, to reject the common beliefs about truth and falsity: the claim that every statement has to abide by the principle of bivalence, a concept related to the law of the excluded middle.

Which is exactly how we always need to answer any question on stocks on hand to media and all who ask.

Comment

Grain uncommitted:

100% soft white wheat
                    50% barley
                    40% yellow peas
                    15% HRS wheat for seed

Probably represents about 10% of last year's production.

Plus one more load of Nexera to ship.

Comment

Your like me Wheat 70,000 oats.Completely screwed the pooch there.
                      Durum seed,flax seed,lentil seed(just in case).

Never gone into the new crop with so little,i feel naked.

At least the last of my 04 froze wheat is gone,funny how it made a two this year.

Comment

I'm not trying to be critical but I wonder why so many farmers carry inventory over from one year to the next, especially when prices have been good. I quess the mentality is different in areas where drought is more of an issue.We need all our bin space every year and in our area keeping crop in condition in the bin is an issue. If I want to speculate on improving prices I would much rather do it on paper.

Comment

Paper oats don't always work, many of the buyers bypass the market to buy direct. Basis can be far from reality. Canola basis is also an interesting subject. what is a good basis anymore? traditional levels are out.

Comment

"At least my froze 04 wheat made a Two"

Time changes the grade of grain.

Look at the spread of a 2 oat to a 4.

And what exchanges do you play the specialty crops on?

And what happens to the seed market in the event of a frost?

Comment

Peas and wheat should be gone next week.
                              2 loads of canola still to market but I think I may hold that now into new crop.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...