• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is left in them bins?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not enough.

Comment

30000 bus barley. No guarantee of a crop. If no crop comes off then I always have fuel for the cows. Way more fun trying to keep grain in good shape than chasing paper across a desk. lol

Comment

Craig the answer to your question is a simple one. Ask any farmer from Rosetown who suffered drought for 5 year, about keeping grain over.
        But here is one we live in a higher rain area. Path way of Montana low and Edmonton clippers. Cross in our area most years (OK this one is the exception) But keeping grain over is simple equation. You have product to sell when the shit hits the fan. Your banker is happy, You can blend what you have thats poor. (02 all went to manitoba for a #2 not feed like home) you don't have to wait for AG stability or what ever they call it now. Crop insurance is slow to pay. you have seed for next year. ETC ETC ETC> Farming in Sask is a Gamble most years. Hell melfort when I was a younger man was known as sure crop area with big yields. Well we know 02 and 04 changed that scenario. Also how are the hog guys doing living hand to mouth or the feedlot guys doing the same. When they crash its huge. So having some around is a insurance. This year the oats crop is late some still just heading, hey that one might cover ones loss. Or even Canola with this late crop. Every one is different but product always stumps the paper. for a farmer. For a speculator its opposite.

Comment

Why do you have buy always the same crop back on paper??

CP,'And what exchanges do you play the specialty crops on'?

Never have to worry, I just sold my old crop Oats back in June, and replaced it with Meal. Sold my Oats for $2.25, with the money I made out of meal now have $2.82 for my oats.

Last Winter sold Canary and bought Coffee.

And I don't need the market to go up to make money.

But we do try to keep some grain on hand for seed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...