• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swather Talk

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swather Talk

Need opinions about underbelly swath rollers,that verns built throat roller that pulls the swath through the throat,and those roto shears.

make sure your swather has the hydraulic power to run all that extra gear with out overheating.

Comment

We have two of his under belly swath rollers they work excellent. Have two pull behinds and a floating on that sits on back of swather in bush.

Comment

Both are excellent products have an equalizer on our 30 ft macdon wouldn't be without it in canola makes a world of difference vern is a good guy he will make it right if you have trouble

Comment

I have one on each of my Mcdons also and they work great for making a smoother swath. Still need to pull the swath roller behind though.

Comment

I have one with retracting fingers,( not sure who made it), on a 6000 IH. Works very well for canola and for peas. I did have a little trouble with wrapping when I first got it but matching roller speed to ground speed helps. Anyone else ever have any trouble with crop wrapping?

Comment

Thanks for the info.
              Think i will leave out the shears this year.
              Vern does seem like a good guy to deal with.

Comment

I have a honeybee with the cross auger, in a really heavy crop it helps some times. If your in the process of making a mother of all beaver hut it will wrap and then cut it off. That being said, it has a much larger hole than our MacDon and is a lot less trouble. I think it also has more canvas drive, on our MacDon, the canvas would slow a bit, then stop feeding smoothly leading to all the problems.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...