• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

frost in august

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frost in august

Have heard lots of talk about a frost in the middle of august are these reports credible? Frost that early would toast most of my crop. Does anyone have any reliable weather forcasts that can be trusted that far out?

I'd say not a one. I get scolded for hoping two days out are correct.

Comment

Most of us would be in trouble with a mid August frost. Odds say it will not happen. Somewhere around 15-1. Are you a betting kind of a guy? I am going with and going to predict there will not be a frost in mid August in the grain growing belt. Been wrong before though and so far this year has been anything but normal.

Comment

2002 frost 1st week of august wiped out millions of acres in Sask.
        2004 frost second week did same only more acres.
        So yes frost can happen, plus world weather is way more accurate than enviroment canada.

Comment

2002 frost 1st week of august wiped out millions of acres in Sask.
          2004 frost second week did same only more acres.
          So yes frost can happen, plus world weather is way more accurate than enviroment canada.

Comment

Will not freeze until mid September. I am carrying the insurance
            for the west. I have more carry out that I have produced in some
            years. The best policy is 40 tonnes of delivered Canola than doesn't
            have to be priced until November. That means priced has to be lower
            than last week, thus no frost.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...