• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every single Crop is in the Tank for Prices MR Potash got it Wrong!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola prices are profitable, guys should be selling at these levels.

Comment

I believe there must be panic canola selling going on now that the CWB prices crashed.

Comment

Or buyers holding off buying.

Comment

When the usdx breaks down we are in the money gold is sending signals

Comment

Yeah sell all your canola now!!!!!, especially if you are in the drought area or hailed out etc. because after all these are "profitable levels", let's see now 10 bushels per acre in drought area x 9.50 I guess if I used my own seed I'd have saved about 40 bucks an acre, no fertilizer what about 60 to 100 bucks an acre, used horses instead of equipment about 10 bucks an acrefor fuel and who knows how much in payments, didn't buy crop insurance would have saved about 20 bucks an acre, didn't pay land rent or payments who knows, Yeah could sure see how that would be profitable to sell those 10 bushels an acre, Oh shit! Wait I had no money to feed the horse! Well I guess I change my mind those guys in the drought areas aren't going to make a profit,

Comment

#1 - We are responsible to ourselves only. Why get hung up about what "everyone" says? Read but "weed out" the BS. The input industry is selling to their investors so remember they have a different perspective than a farmer and yes, things will come home to roost for them when there is too much BS but we will still need equipment, fertilizer, etc.

#2 - I grew up in WC SK, the home of drought. I chuckle at those in the canola belt of AB that called things a wreck all summer only to hear that yields end up 80% of a 5 year average. This is just a "below average crop" and it really takes away from those in East Central AB where yields are pathetic.

#3 - I suspect the canola market may have wild swings this year so protect yourself. If your canola is on the green side and may heat, sell it and buy a call option for 20 cents per bushel or whatever you can justify. This is cheap insurance if a bin goes bad. If you're holding it, consider a put option to protect yourself from a record soybean crop. I can live with a 20 cent mistake, it's the $1 to $2/bushel moves that hurt me if I read the market wrong by betting on a frost in the US or not.

Comment

Does anyone have any idea whats going on with flax? down $3/bus and then walker seeds is calling looking for it.

Comment

Re flax. Was told that a boatload overseas was rejected. Not sure which company or why but Viterra pulled bids (actually were down to $6.50) so they wouldn't buy any. I think the trade will wait to see who screwed up and where the load ends up before the market gets back to normal. Just relaying what I heard. Not confirmed by anyone else.

Comment

Get ready for 8 Canola. 1.50 oats, 2.50 barley, 4 HRS and 4 Durum. 6 flax, 4 peas etc etc.

Comment

Local poundmaker plant down to 3.5 3.8 was just a guess, main grain buyer not in today. Sask. I see that you realized we were not in the tank yet you had a great dream though.

Comment

One plus is that fertilizer has likely not bottomed yet. Mr. potash will be asking the governments for money next so that they can gouge the farmers LOL.

Comment

On the flaxseed question, European buyers have indicated they have found a genetic marker in Canadian flaxseed which they are interpreting as GMO. There is no GMO breeding in flaxseed so Canada is looking for background.

Flaxseed council of Canada has a press release. Haven't seen on any of the news wires.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...