• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009-2010 DURUM price

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009-2010 DURUM price

So our wonderful chair of the cwb was overheard locally the other day about not marketing his durum this year.. Are you kidding me, I've got viterra after the 15.3 px durum from this year and our wonderful chair is even going to sell his durum into the Pool?? I am really po,d as perhaps he is privy to more info than the rest of us idiots... I am not signing any durum contracts this year if not even the chair of the board has any faith in the market or his ability to extract a premium

He's right - he won't market any of his durum. The sad part is neither will the cwb.

The guy's close to 60. Guys will sit and can afford to sit on inventory. That's why they like the cwb. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

But this brings up a good point. Maybe these cwb supporters that say everything is great should have disclosure rules such as:

1. Contracts they sign for the grain they grow. Amounts don't matter.

2. If they are using the fpc, epo etc. and when.

Why do I say this? Well its about accountability and the potential of insider info.

No different than a corporation that directors have to declare share buy/sells.

The other shareholders, in this case farmers, should know when directors are using the programs for their benefit. Or why the cwb develops these program and for who.

Comment

exactly my point.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...