• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why sell any durum under series A contract?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

walk and others,what I don't understand is at seeding time when it was looking like durum growers were going to be holding over durum stocks and the price signal was telling you not to grow durum,why would grow more?Was it not obvious, produce more and were going to be selling for less?Capitalism and optimism are wonderfull but sometimes common sense has its place.

Comment

Good point tipsy - hence the reason we did seed any maly barley. The writing was on the wall for a while.

Comment

And seed what ??? Wheat?? Feed Barley??.. It's all in the toilet last time i checked.. Probably the point i try to make in the durum market, is not the fact that i don't wish to sell my durum at these levels, but rather i hope we do piss off our customers.. Someway somehow the CWB need to be truly exposed as to the fact that they really cant market anything. Perhaps `my customers would have been happier obtaining their supply from me in June or July when I wished to sell my durum.. I find it offensive that anyone is so gullible to believe that we as farmers would be the ones pizzing off our customers... Maybe I am way off target here but thats how i see it..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...