• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What really bugs me. Also could use some advice.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What really bugs me. Also could use some advice.

What is really bugging me is how low the grain prices have gone since the 2 year rally and along with the fact that if I sell all today I could lock in a profit at the lower price range of over 2 years.
    Hmmmm, now I have Yellow Peas, Soft Wheat, and CFCO special canola to market but the canola does not go till June July and Sept. split on account of basis contract. What are thoughts on holding peas or soft wheat? Which one to hold longer? I know she is not an exact science but I am leaning toward holding both or all three for that matter. I can hold forever if I do not have to pay for inputs next year, so maybe will come to that. I may consider renting for one year. I know Cotton will think the commodities will soar again but just would like to hear it.

70 cents a pound for hemp next year would have me realy thinking. Only problem is the last time grain prices were low there was more supply than demand for it. finely sold mine this summer from 06.

Comment

Hopper, did you grow all CFCO canola? If so, why? ADM in Lloyd is going to be very agressive for canola as yeilds west of Lloyd are below average. Also JRI has a 26 basis for clearfeild.

Comment

All CFCO and have been wondering why I grow it myself for the past 3 years. Don't think I will grow it next year.
        The planting seed and chemical price combination was not good either.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...