• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spraying clearfeild canola and peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spraying clearfeild canola and peas

1 first time clearfeid canola grower on pea stubble.
    looking for best spray recipie

this first feild had 1/4 rate pursuit3/4 rate select last year in peas, it was clean last fall . this year canola with
    lots of wild oats and very little broad leaves

2 and two other qtr.s of peas on wht. stubble ,sandy land , were burnt off (glyphosate)just before the peas came thru. expecting small kochia , russian thistle,wheat &wild oats.

odyssey came with canola package so i gotta use it somewhere.

have been using 1/2 rate pursuit and 60 acre select with rest of peas

should i put the odyssey on the peas and a light pursuit 1/4 - 1/3 with full rate select on the canola?

good stands of peas and canola
    peas are thick 3-5 fingers high and canola is 3-4 fingers wide

not too worried about rotation as all acres will be wheat next year.

any other combos you have used or might suggest.

any thoughts on controlling the kochia in peas ,if it comes, whats better pursuit, odyssey, MCPA K

Canola on pea stubble, I would go to Solo instead of Pursuit or Odessey due to group 2 stacking up. You may find a pretty damaged wheat stand next spring. We have seen quite a bit of this happening in our area of east central AB.

Comment

I think you should also go with the solo due to stacking problems.

But on the peas use the odyssey at 2/3 rate alone or 1/2 rate with 1/2 rate poast or select if w. oats are problem

Comment

I had a neighbour that ran into a real wreck with stacking on peas with odyssey then Clearfeild Canola and then tried winter wheat the crop came up real nice last fall and for the first months april/may now it's just not going to amount to much.
        A real learning lesson. I am in the Drk brn soil zone and we had lots of rain last fall still stacking problems

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...