• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUPENDED BOOM SPRAYERS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUPENDED BOOM SPRAYERS

I am looking to purchasing one and looking for the pros and cons, is the flexi-coil any better than brant. What options are a must and so on, any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

where I farm the flexi coils outnumber the brandts by about 10 to 1.

I run a 80 ft wheeled boom for 2 yrs
    now. Very nice sprayer to run with the
    autorate.

Comment

Thanks Caseman, but have a couple of questions for you. Do you have the automatic boom control for the booms or just manual, because we have rolling land and I heard if you do not have the automatic controls your booms will be bouncing off the ground. Do you have the wind screens and how well do they work.

Comment

I should have been more clear,mine is not a suspended boom.

Windscreens are great,in the two seasons I have not killed nearby crops
        whereas the spray coupe we used to have was a nightmare for drift.

The first year I was always concerned
        about washing the screens between chemicals but this year I was not as
        concerned and i did not see any damage
        from not thouroughly washing the windsreens.

Definitely order a sprayer with autorate and windsreens.

Comment

I used a FC 90' for 4 seasons. It was OK, but definitely had some problems. Looks like the new ones have corrected some of the problems. Not really sure until you've used one for a few weeks. We use Air Bubble Jet nozzles, usually at 30-60 psi. Give excellent results without the added cost, weight, reduced visibility and hassle of cleaning screens. I have the plastic touchdown wheels, and they are pretty well wore out from touching down too often.

My new sprayer (not FC) will have either the Raven or Norac boom height controller. I'm hoping they work as well as promoted.

Comment

I have the flexicoil suspended boom sprayer. Ordered it with windscreens because I had them on the previous wing boom model.
            The unit works well, but with the bubble jet nozzles, I just ended up taking the windscreens off. The autorate is a must. I've heard some people have had trouble in uneven ground, but we're reasonably flat here, so it hasn't been a problem.

Comment

I have been using a FC suspended boom sprayer of 2 years now.

The wash wand option is a must.

The Flex Control autorate system is a joke. It works well for the sprayer, but it will not interface with other options. (ie. autoboom shutoff, master switch foot control.) The sad part about it is there seems to be no interest from Flexi-coil to add functionality to their "best" autorate system.

Skip the windscreen option. It makes the booms too heavy. (Great option on a wheeled boom.)

Hope this helps

Comment

In my area the tow behind suspended booms are unmanagable.

Comment

skip the windscreens, filthy mud/chemical collectors. just get no drift nozzels

Comment

Hello randyo,

I run a 80' suspended boom sprayer, pull type, 1100 gal, Raven SCS controler interfaced with JD PGS, Norac UC3 auto hight controler. I build the unit in 2003 and it works likea charm. Pulled by 6420 JD. 52" Tires.

The FC would be my choice, only problem, JD and FC don't like each other, so no interfacing. Run also an FC airdrill and hate that my JD autosteer can not collect the data from the drill. Shame.

The Brandt looks to tall to me, tipping? Particularly with narrow tire spacing.

Forget the windscreens, use triple nozzle bodies end boom nozzle fpr the fence line, double the application of the main boom.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...