• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tractor Difference

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor Difference

Okay, this will probably sound dumb.

Can anyone tell me what makes tractor brands different?
    Some people say Case is best, other say John Deere, some swear John Deere is useless, some say go Massey or nothing.

So, I am left wondering what makes them different. I personally have always used Massey Ferguson.

Are some better for different uses? Like some do better with crops, some better for livestock. Some for small jobs, some for bigger.

Really the point of this is I am planning on buying a new tractor, and I don’t know which brand to go with. Usually I’d go by who was cheapest, but I figured I’d ask if anyone knew something that made the brands stand apart.

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSheepGuy View Post
      Anyone?
      Unfortunately the new tractors are expensive junk. How we are expected to feed the world with equipment the US military won't use is beyond me.

Comment

My tractors are old. What size?
        70s and 80s there was only one unless 4wd.
        Heck I'd look at a refurbished Bud. 110 gals hyd, all Cat train, no Def.
        There is still some junk out there.
        Was it Agco that had a twin turbo nightmare not long ago?
        Iveco average.
        Take anything to 7000+ you're overhauling. Just prey parts still available. Since 08 it's a different world.
        Quality control and longevity have gone to crap.
        U need a damn good dealer regardless. Start there.

Comment

I sense you're talking smaller. Price point more a factor in which line has what. Even within same brand.
          Take it from a cripple, consider cab size, ergonomics, seat etc.
          Last edited by blackpowder; Aug 29, 2024, 08:46.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...