• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NH3 rate controllers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NH3 rate controllers

Anyone using automatic rate controllers on your anhydrous applicators. Are they worth the dollars? Looks like $4K will buy a Micro Trak system.

I use a Raven auto rate controller. Purchased it 3 yrs old 7 years ago. Incredibly accurate. My N on 4500 acres is within 1 pound per acre. I farm in hills , ditches and wet spots so my planting speed varries from say 4 to 6.5 miles per hour sometimes on every pass up the field, the auto rate contoller gets it on right. No trouble or money spent on the system other than spending 2 days labour on an improper electical ground.

Comment

Thanks Kamichel, I'm using a Nitro-lator, 1960's technology. Think I'll move into the 21st century with at least a rate controller. Would like the Equaply from aNH3, but $13K US is a little much.
      [URL="http://www.anh3.com/"]Equaply[/URL] Nice to be able to keep knives from freezing, if it would work.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...