• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking to purchase a small farm

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking to purchase a small farm

Hi people i am a farmer from pakistan,i grow pulses wheat etc here,am interested in buying a farm in canada.It should be a small farm and soil should be fertile!I have no idea about the climatic conditions of canada,like which crop is grown in which part of the country.Iwould appreciate some help if someone can give me some INFO regarding the province where weather is conducive for cultivation of pulses and wheat,and price of land.

Hi Sal will try and give you some information. The southern half of Saskatchewan is likely suitable for the production of pulses and wheat. The price of land varies from 250 dollars per acre to 450 dollars per acre. It would be adviseable to come over and inspect the growing areas at this time of year to ensure suitablility of farms for your own liking. I would not reccomend trusting a real estate agent totally. Remember you are the one spending the money. Hope I was of some help.

Comment

Hi thanks a lot for your input and guidance i am planning to come over to canada and look for my self the kind of farm i would like to buy .The thing is if i have a rough idea about the cost per acre i would make it easier if it is not too much to ask could you PLZ e mail a web site which can give me that INFO or if you could E mail me i would want to have someone out there who could guide me if it is not too much of a hassle for you.

Comment

http://www.farmsbyowner.com/

Alberta & Saskatchewan are divided up by townships Alberta has 127 of them each 6 miles apart. Alberta USA border is 0 Alberta North West Territories is 127 Edmonton Alberta is about at 55 Anyway from what I hear good land near the township 10 costs $800,000 for 160 acres. Land at township 105 cost $50,000 for 160 acres. Land at 58 is about $150,000/quarter. Good Luck

Comment

Sal remember Canada has only 1 growing season sort of May - August and this limits varietals of pulses that can be grown, the rest of the year the land is frozen and under snow. Also remember most areas hot enough for pulses are also drought areas in some years and water via irrigation might be required. A word of caution...the price of the land is not the stumbling block, land is cheap....getting a crop and selling that crop at a profit that is hard.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...