• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weed control in lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weed control in lentils

I didnt have time to get treflan/edge on last fall,is it OK to use in the spring.Also i was wondering if there is any better product available than sencor for broadleaf control,I,ve heard rumours about pursuit.Any comments.

We grew lentils for the first time last year. What we did was did a preharvest treatment of transorb the fall before then in the spring we did a burnoff with 1/2 litre of transorb and 1/3 rate of pursuit. Not a registered mix seemed to work very well and a lot of lentil growers are using it. Anybody I have talked to about sencor say it doesn't work with a dam. Hope this helps u.

Comment

is that in a zero till system? Was the 1/3 rate of pursuit applied pre or post emergent.IF pre, what did you use for post emergent. I agree about the sencor.

Comment

I direct seeded lentils into wheat stubble after burning off with a 1/2 litre of touchdown. Then post emerged with 1/3 Pursuit and 1/2 Poast. Worked great but you have to spray early. Lentils should be under 2' tall. Wait too long and you will kick the living shit out of your lentils.

Comment

Contact your Dow rep about the Edge. My new version of blue book does not give the information that you need but your rep may have some opinions for you on spring applications. In terms of registered material, I have not seen anything other than Sencor. It is more challenging to use, especially if one is used to Puruit/Odyssey chemistry. In my plot work I have always gone with early spraying and split applications for best results.

Comment

Our system is zero till and we did apply Pursuit pre emergent and we followed with an in crop treatment of Poast Ultra at 60 ac per case rate.

Comment

We spring aply edge at a rate of 20lbs an acre,and then use sencor after the only thing you have to watch is if it's going to rain after the app!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...