• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Growing coriander

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing coriander

We have 70 acres of summerfallow that we would like to grow coriander on and we are looking to contact anyone that has grown it before-looking for information and words of wisdom. We are also looking for seed.

You can talk to Gary Schweitzer at G.H. Schweitzer Enterprises at Eston, Saskatchewan about growing coriander. He contracts coriander & caraway seed & also has seed available. You can contact him at (306) 962-4751 or fax him at (306) 962-3251. Good luck; I know there has been a lot of coriander & caraway grown successfully in Saskatchewan. Depending upon where you live in the province you may need to be careful of how much you grow as he will be looking at semi-truckload quantities so it is cost effective to ship to market. (& also for cleaning).

Comment

You can talk to Gary Schweitzer at G.H. Schweitzer Enterprises at Eston, Saskatchewan about growing coriander. He contracts coriander & caraway seed & also has seed available. You can contact him at (306) 962-4751 or fax him at (306) 962-3251. Good luck; I know there has been a lot of coriander & caraway grown successfully in Saskatchewan. Depending upon where you live in the province you may need to be careful of how much you grow as he will be looking at semi-truckload quantities so it is cost effective to ship to market. (& also for cleaning).

Comment

There is a large seed and small seed coriander. The large seed matures in 90 to 100 days while small seed type 110 to 115 days. Seeding rate about 19 lb/acre at 1 to 1.5 in. Plant before mid-May. It takes a long time to germinate and does not compete well with weeds. In AB Edge is registered as a pre-emergent. Poast for grassy weeds and Afolan F for some broadleaves. General fertilizer is 30 lbs N and 36 lbs Phosphorous. Diseases - seedling rot and damping off. Aster yellows and flower blight. Avg yields 800 lbs/acre. I have grown successfully the large seed coriander in St.Paul, AB I recommend as with any special crop to search markets before planting. Nothing worse than a bin full of seed no one wants!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...