• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange world?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange world?

The Alberta governments latest budget is a strange one to say the least! They put taxes on cigarettes and booze! Which is kind of standard operating procedure anymore.
    But they put a tax of 40 cents on beer from the big breweries and a CUT of $1.60 on beer from Alberta based breweries!!! Now how can this be? I mean Molsons and Labatts both have breweries here. Does that mean they pay the extra tax? Or do they get the tax cut?
    This whole thing sounds sort of bizarre! And then it hit me....Ralph must drink BIG ROCK!!!!

Cowman
    I missed this part. I did see where they were $.40/litre on wine and $1.60 per dozen beer.
    He did tax those poor starving mutltimillion dollar hockey players and the NHLPA is investigating how they can get out of it because they are just scraping by.

Comment

That was one of their dumber ideas. Guess what happens? Calgary and Edmonton players will just want more money! So the government taxes the players to give the money to the teams and the teams have to give it back to the players! And on top of it we will need twenty accountants to administer the whole thing! And throw in a couple of lawyers just for good measure! Sometimes I wonder if the inmates are running the asylum?

Comment

lets see Ralph quit smoking and the tax went up, then he quit drinking and the tax went up, lets hope he doesn't give up sex...

Comment

Everywhere you go now people are quitting! You can hardly get into the doctor's office for the lineups to get Zyban! In every truckstop the discussion is all about the merits of gum or patches!
          Now I wonder if we are going to see a rash of erratic behavior as all these people go through withdrawal? Beat the hell out of the old lady and kids sort of thing? Road Rage??? Maybe some will even go down town and abuse the homeless!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...