• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Canada the forgotten link

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western Canada the forgotten link

Tonight with the election of a liberal government in Ontario, and a liberal government in Quebec already, the writing is on the wall. The Liberal government in Ottawa will concentrate on central Canada and western canada will be all but forgotten. Maybe separation is the only avenue left. I hope not but am not very optimistic.

So elect a Liberal government in Alberta and they will pay attention to us. We will be one big happy family.
    Ralph can then collect his pension and spend his time fishing.

Comment

It could be hard to find enough Liberals to run in Alberta! We might just have to deplete the pool of school teachers! Of course our lawyers could always run as they would sell their souls for a nickel and we have more than we need anyway?

Comment

sorry cowman, i think the ndp have a lock on the teachers.

Comment

cowman; I live in B.C. If you are short of either lawyers or Liberals you can borrow some of ours. Please.

Comment

If you want Liberals you can take the newly elected ones from Ontario. I am terrified to see who they put as their ag minister. They are talking about really cracking down on water quality. If they do, guess I can call it quits!

Comment

It won't matter if we did vote Liberal out here! The federal elections end at the Mb/Ont border.

Comment

15444: What will this water quality thing entail? Just lately they've been making some noise about water quality issues out here in Alberta. I'm not real up on it but what little I've heard doesn't sound good. One guy told me he got a preliminary assessment done and they suggested he move his feedlot! He figured if it ever came to the point where they forced him he would have to quit. My cattle drink out of springs in the winter and I sure hope I don't have to fence them off and water out of a tank. Just one more expense/nuisance I don't need.

Comment

Cowman, the whole water quality (aka nutrient management idea) issue was getting pretty hairy this April when ratifications and discussions were taking place across the province. They haven't said much about it now with this BSE thing, but if they do start enforcing it, everyone in Ontario is out. I talked to guys from up here in the North to way down in the South and every single one says that they would have to move their farm somewhere else to pass the regulations, where to is another question as basically every single place is no good!

The issue will eventually take over Canada, its just a matter of when.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...