• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine rebuild, Welker Farms

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine rebuild, Welker Farms

Staying away from nonsense threads, thought i would add more real farmlife stuff
    I enjoy these guys, they keep a lot of older machinery running and do the majority of maintenance and repairs on farm.

I fully appreciate these guys over the mid west soy / corn guys . Most of us can relate 90% to what they do and go through.
    To top it off , great individuals with solid family values

Comment

Farming in Montana is challenging as anywhere else. Couple years ago they got hailed out. Interesting watching them rebuild the Bud.

Comment

I find it super relatable for most of us regulars

Comment

yes , yes you sure don't need the latest equipment to grow a crop, well maintained older equipment will do the work just fine , my 3 versatiles ran flawless yet again this year , that pic is from last year , over winter i put atom jet on 2nd 875 , center 875 is almost at 10,000 hours , and 976 is at 9,200 hours , candy 875 has only around 6,000 hours done !
          Last edited by cropgrower; Jun 5, 2024, 20:01.

Comment

I have been on every style / type / size farm for over 20 years , and size / age of machinery has zero to do with efficiency and job done
            it’s always the guy / person in the seat

Comment

Hrsw with ole 8910 bourgault

Comment

Best crops for emergence in the hills is our neighbour with a 8810 bg with mounted packers and mrb’s. Traded it off for exact same new bg. Follows ground as good as any twin shank and simple. Other neighbour has similar rig pulling nh3 and that old wreck gives great emergence as well. Even in dry conditions these rigs produced decent crops.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                  Farming in Montana is challenging as anywhere else. Couple years ago they got hailed out. Interesting watching them rebuild the Bud.
                  The Brute sprayer sure updated with that new boom system

Comment

Originally posted by cropgrower View Post
                    yes , yes you sure don't need the latest equipment to grow a crop, well maintained older equipment will do the work just fine , my 3 versatiles ran flawless yet again this year , that pic is from last year , over winter i put atom jet on 2nd 875 , center 875 is almost at 10,000 hours , and 976 is at 9,200 hours , candy 875 has only around 6,000 hours done !
                    Those are some fine looking Versatiles!

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post

Those are some fine looking Versatiles!
                      Thanks , they have been excellent tractors for me , 976 is turned up to 400 hp ,and newer 875 is at about 320hp ,would buy another 976 if i could find a nice low hour one

Comment

I enjoy watching the Welkers as well. Just to point out: they did have some help from a seemingly very talented mobile mechanic named Brian in some of their episodes. Having access to ability of that caliber here in Alberta is something dreams are made of here. Now if only the hurricane conditions would desist in the outdoor shop, I could get to work on the sprayer.

Comment

I think there is a huge untapped market for mechanic consultants.
                          Experienced mechanics who don't necessarily want to get their hands dirty or abuse there worn out bodies anymore, could consult with farmers , truckers or equipment owners who have the infrastructure, manpower, and the tools but not necessarily the knowledge or confidence to tackle more complicated jobs.
                          If a mechanical also had access to the service manuals and diagnostic software, could be a match made in heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            I think there is a huge untapped market for mechanic consultants.
                            Experienced mechanics who don't necessarily want to get their hands dirty or abuse there worn out bodies anymore, could consult with farmers , truckers or equipment owners who have the infrastructure, manpower, and the tools but not necessarily the knowledge or confidence to tackle more complicated jobs.
                            If a mechanical also had access to the service manuals and diagnostic software, could be a match made in heaven.
                            That’s a great idea.

Comment

Got a few guys around here now , irreplaceable, and worth every dollar over a dealership. No one’s cheap anymore, they can’t be , but the individuals take pride hands down
                              Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 7, 2024, 19:00.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...