• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got better things to do …

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got better things to do …

My time done for now
    been a long stretch since early April
    everything sprayed , we in very lucky spot for now .
    will not show crop pictures at this time as I know a lot of people on here and in areas where things have been froze , flooded , on dry side and crops are struggling in many areas .
    just looking forward for more than 1 day off since beginning of April
    hopefully the sun comes out and some crop can recover
    Enjoy the long weekend if you can
    been there in tough conditions too many times to not know how shitty it can be
    taking about 4 days off finally to chill with family and enjoy our yard for the first time this year and try to shut my coconut off farming

Yep, took off to Scottsdale for 10 days, sick of the cold and drought. Maybe some hay to cut when I get home, didn’t look good when I left though.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
      Yep, took off to Scottsdale for 10 days, sick of the cold and drought. Maybe some hay to cut when I get home, didn’t look good when I left though.
      There is only so much you can do , Mother Nature holds the cards
      one ole dear friend said it best
      you have about 45 days to raise your crops , and 320 to raise your family and do normal farm stuff
      just do both right

Comment

Enjoy some well deserved time off, Furrow and Taiga. Have kinda a funny story, well at least it is to me. The CFO and head gardener said she was going down to check the garden this morning, maybe start some weeding. We moved our garden spot next to a water collection run I built to fill the dugout. Only spot with any subsoil moisture early this spring. Well she left on the gator but returned 2 minutes later with a rather wide eyed look on her face. I said I thought you were weeding. She said well that’s not happening unless I can find her a face mask and snorkel gear. The culvert going into the dugout plugged off, backing up 4 or 5 feet of water on her garden spot. Amazing to see after 4 years of drought that much water. Anyway, I’m on pump duty today, hope some of her spuds survive.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...