• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump tells Christians they won’t have to vote after this election

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim Reid
    Reuters
    Published Yesterday

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump told Christians on Friday that if they vote for him this November, “in four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.”

It was not clear what the former president meant by his remarks, in an election campaign where his Democratic opponents accuse him of being a threat to democracy, and after his attempt to overturn his 2020 defeat to President Joe Biden, an effort that led to the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for clarification of his comments.

Trump was speaking at an event organized by the conservative group Turning Point Action in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Trump said: “Christians, get out and vote, just this time. “You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what, it will be fixed, it will be fine, you won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians.”

He added: “I love you Christians. I’m a Christian. I love you, get out, you gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don’t have to vote again, we'll have it fixed so good you’re not going to have to vote,” Trump said.

In an interview with Fox News in December, Trump said that if he won the Nov. 5 election he would be a dictator, but only on “day one", to close the southern border with Mexico and expand oil drilling.

Democrats have seized on that comment. Trump has since said the remarks were a joke.

If Trump wins a second term in the White House, he can serve only four more years as president. U.S. presidents are limited to two terms, consecutive or not, under the U.S. Constitution.

In May, speaking at a National Rifle Association gathering, Trump quipped about serving more than two terms as president.

He referred to the presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt, a Democrat, the only president to serve more than two terms. The two-term limit was added after Roosevelt’s presidency.

“You know, FDR, 16 years - almost 16 years - he was four terms. I don’t know, are we going to be considered three-term? Or two-term?” Trump asked the NRA crowd.

Trump’s remarks on Friday pointed to the need for both parties to energize their base voters ahead of what will likely be a closely fought election. Trump has enjoyed loyal support from evangelicals in the past two elections.

The race has abruptly tightened after the decision by Biden to end his reelection bid and with his vice president, Kamala Harris, becoming the presumptive Democratic nominee.

Recent opinion polls show Trump’s significant lead over Biden has been largely erased since the torch was passed to Harris.

Jason Singer, a Harris campaign spokesperson, in a statement did not directly address Trump’s remarks about Christians not having to vote again.

Singer described Trump’s overall speech as “bizarre” and “backward looking”.

Donald's repeated record of lying about the "stolen election".

Actively trying to stop the certification of the results.

Then inciting his followers to storm the Capitol and threaten officials and representatives.

And then he is stupid enough to say

“Christians, get out and vote, just this time. “You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what, it will be fixed, it will be fine, you won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians.”

So the wanna be dictator who admires Putin, Kim Jong Un and thinks Hitler wasn't all that bad is going to "fix" the next election so you don't have to vote again?

And the republican sheep still think he is okay?

Playing right into the Democrats strategy to defeat him!

How much more dangerous and dumber does he have to get? LOL

Comment

Turn into a Kamala...laughing hyena.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        Turn into a Kamala...laughing hyena.
        So laughing is crime. You are pathetic if that is your talking point. You have no thought on the weirdo doing the YMCA with both hands.
        Last edited by agstar77; Jul 28, 2024, 18:51.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post

So laughing is crime. You are pathetic if that is your talking point.
          It must not be a crime. Chuck laughs out loud at the end of nearly every sentence. And as far as I know he is not posting from prison. Only from his asylum.

Comment

Sad thing if chuck’s types were in power they would expect to stay in power indefinitely as well. Stalin, Mao, the cwb etc.

Comment

Willy and A5 you must be Trump supporters? Your kind of leader to be sure!

Because you sure come up with lame innefective comebacks in the face of Trump telling the christians that he will "fix" the election so they don't have to vote again! LOL

Comment

Christians will always be taken by "lie ens".

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  Willy and A5 you must be Trump supporters? Your kind of leader to be sure!

Because you sure come up with lame innefective comebacks in the face of Trump telling the christians that he will "fix" the election so they don't have to vote again! LOL
                  Sure and you’re a pedophile. lol. Conjecture ol’ fella.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                    Sad thing if chuck’s types were in power they would expect to stay in power indefinitely as well. Stalin, Mao, the cwb etc.
                    Do you realize it is not the hard right or left that elects a government.It is those in the middle that change their vote from election to election .Those are the ones that to win you need to get their vote.To those that vote the same all the time your vote makes no difference.all I say is my vote counts.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                      Do you realize it is not the hard right or left that elects a government.It is those in the middle that change their vote from election to election .Those are the ones that to win you need to get their vote.To those that vote the same all the time your vote makes no difference.all I say is my vote counts.
                      You definitely come across as the type who would vote conservative..
                      Or do you mean you switch back and forth between the liberals and the ndp?

Comment

.To those that vote the same all the time your vote makes no difference.all I say is my vote counts.
                        I know more than a few ABC type ( anybody but Conservative ) that just don't vote.

That will be a huge number in the coming elections IMHO.

And your vote won't count in the next federal election.

Last edited by shtferbrains; Jul 29, 2024, 20:01.

Comment

Nothing wrong with being a pragmatic voter. Though, provincially I would never vote ndp because they do not have my best interests at heart. I’m disgusted with Moe on some things and I think the Sask party needs a kick in the ass. Two party states suck ass.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post

Nothing wrong with being a pragmatic voter. Though, provincially I would never vote ndp because they do not have my best interests at heart. I’m disgusted with Moe on some things and I think the Sask party needs a kick in the ass. Two party states suck ass.
                            Could you explain what your best interest that the Beck NDP do not represent? And how could a4 year term of Beck be anything but cleaning the rats out of the government and end up with a better new Sask Party.

Comment

Past history. Until ndp decouples from federal wing they do not represent me ever! It is unfortunate as Beck appears to be not bad for and ndp but that stinky federal albatross she tows.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...