• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calgary storm

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calgary storm

Airport a mess , hail and water damage
    daughter stuck there , possibly till Wednesday

So much for the cloud seeding. Maybe everyone was off because of August long. Did you end up with any rain Furrow? Got 1/2” here

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
      So much for the cloud seeding. Maybe everyone was off because of August long. Did you end up with any rain Furrow? Got 1/2” here
      I could hear the planes going steady yesterday.

Maybe it's like the covid vaccine. Just imagine how much worse it would have been if they hadn't have been seeding the clouds.

Sure the patient died, but he could have died a much more violent death.
      Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Aug 7, 2024, 09:33. Reason: Edited speech to text error so agstar can comprehend the comment

Comment

Every day your wisdom never ceases to amaze.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
          About 4/10 over weekend, 2 small shots , just mist this morning

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
            Gosh we’ve been on a roll with decent conversation because the mongoose is out hunting snakes then you have to go and do that.

Yes clouds are seeded in the foothills to lessen the impact of hail. Look it up if you think I’m full of shit.
            Last edited by WiltonRanch; Aug 6, 2024, 12:54.

Comment

What the F**k is c-change? Trolls will troll….

Comment

Not sure if that was addressed to me? If it was, which fact are you disputing?

The fact that cloud seeding is an actual thing? The fact that it occurs in the area where I farm trying to save the populated areas further east?
                Or the fact that it's effectiveness or lack thereof is not provable? And that is not my opinion, that is a l00egal opinion. Because they can't prove that their methodology actually has the desired effect, it therefore makes it impossible for me to prove that seeding clouds with the intention of creating more hail that falls out sooner is causing more hail damage to our crops.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  Not sure if that was addressed to me? If it was, which fact are you disputing?

The fact that cloud seeding is an actual thing? The fact that it occurs in the area where I farm trying to save the populated areas further east?
                  Or the fact that it's effectiveness or lack thereof is not provable? And that is not my opinion, that is a l00egal opinion. Because they can't prove that their methodology actually has the desired effect, it therefore makes it impossible for me to prove that seeding clouds with the intention of creating more hail that falls out sooner is causing more hail damage to our crops.
                  I wonder if Aggie actually believes cloud seeding is for real or just conspiracy theory.

If you’re driving through Calgary there’s auto dealerships with that black netting above the cars. Story is the fellow who owns those had a hail claim on all his dealerships including Red Deer. Insurance company wouldn’t insure him again so he put those nets up. Hail is and has always been a major problem in the hwy2 corridor. Insurance companies seed clouds to lessen the impact. They must figure it makes economic sense but it’s like treating your seed. You do it just for the perceived benefit and you’re afraid not to even though in reality it’s probably a coin toss if it is actually beneficial all the time.

Comment

Cloud seeding has been going on for 30 plus years, fact

Comment

Sure if the patient died, but he could have died a much more violent death.[/QUOTE]

How do you come up with such intelligent comments?

Comment

Sure if the patient died, but he could have died a much more violent death.
                        How do you come up with such intelligent comments?[/QUOTE]

In this case. The patient was the populated area of calgary. The medical intervention was cloud seeding. The outcome was a massive hail storm over calgary, with the associated massive property damage.

There is no definitive way to prove that it would have been worse without the intervention.

Seems eerily familiar to all the people I know who were hospitalized after getting the vaccine, and we're reassured that it would have been much worse if they hadn't been vaccinated.

As for the poor grammar in the unintelligible comment, you'll have to take that up with Google speech to text. And because the site was down I was unable to edit afterwards

Comment

Cloud seeding is probably a very poor way to mitigate drought. As you point out , results can be catastrophic. Vaccination other other hand , has proven benefits.

Comment

Cloud seeding is probably a very poor way to mitigate drought. As you point out , results can be catastrophic. Vaccination other other hand , has proven benefits.
                            Cloud seeding in Canada is not being done for drought. Purely for hail insurance.

Perhaps you should make the effort to inform yourself about the topic before picking a fight. Don't be a Chuckchuck.
                            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Aug 7, 2024, 10:56.

Comment

Maybe you should inform yourself about vaccination before commenting. Don't be a cropgrower or jazz.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...