• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap wind power ????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costs lifespan decommissioning all similar...so why the PHUCK bother?

Unreliable when needed most cancels them out!

And elephant in room is GHG is NOT a problem in the first place.

Comment

Disclaimer of sorts Tas has had infrastructure for years only once or twice in last few years has power had to be "imported" due to lowish river flows during extra dry periods

Comment

I’ve looked but I can’t seem to find any real data on daily electricity production in Saskatchewan, I’m sure someone can find it but it’s not really easy to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
          Renewable power my state south australia, some suggest we lead the world in renewable others say were second only to denmark. Tasmania very close mostly hydro. July wholesale prices.
          ​​​​​​Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	801917
          Looks like expensive electricity

Comment

"When it comes to cost over their entire lifespan, the average cost of large-scale solar and wind generation is a lot less than other power sources." Sask Power

Saskpower is responsible for making real on the ground decisions about our electricity supply!

Their numbers are backed up by Lazards LCOE comparisons.

But none of you will face the facts that wind and solar are good investments?

Instead we are going to get a lot of irrelevant armchair opinions!

Last edited by chuckChuck; Aug 30, 2024, 07:42.

Comment

What is the actual cost, looks like the cost is being kept a secret.

Comment

Ask Sask Power because they have their actual numbers.

Lazards LCOE comparisons are available in their annual reports.

Comment

Crown utility should be making all data public?

Comment

Your just needling us with the LCOE bull shit ?
                    You can't possibly believe that?

Comment

Sask power has the numbers but a few days old, real time right now on power generation would be the most honest direction, I don’t remember if it was windy or sunny 4 days ago.

Comment

In Alberta where for better or worse our generation sources are privately owned and we have the Alberta Electric Systems Operator. The AESO has on its site the Supply and demand page which gives up to the minute electrical production from every commercial generation source in Alberta(doesn’t report roof top solar production) and total provincial demand. I would be very interested if any other province in Canada has such information available. And if not, why?
                        Last edited by Hamloc; Sep 1, 2024, 06:51.

Comment

So Sask Power and other utilities don't and can't do a Levelized cost of electricity (LCOE) calculation over the lifetime of their generation assets?

Face the facts from Sask Power!

"When it comes to cost over their entire lifespan, the average cost of large-scale solar and wind generation is a lot less than other power sources." Sask Power

Comment

I hope wind power will dry out the ground under this lodged crop.

For the rest of my energy needs, I will gladly depend on fossil fuels - and be happy that we were endowed with the bounty of dependable, compact, available energy at our beckoning call.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

Says the guy that’s getting a sweet kickback

Comment

Huh?

It's Sask Power who is saying that large utility scale solar and wind generation is a lot cheaper than other power sources!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...