• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So,...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So,...

The federal government wants everyone to electronically file GST. No more paper forms except for a couple of specific categories. I don't apply to those categories.

In January 2024, it sent out a letter saying exactly that for quarterly GST returns. A few days later, the full year's quarterly paper returns showed up in the mail. That was great, for the few of us that like the handwritten method. The thought was the federal government must have changed its mind on electronic insistence filing. So, I went old school, like all the previous years' returns, and used the first quarter paper return. No warning that I should ignore the remaining paper returns it had just sent me, which apparently there wasn't on the first quarter return.

I trust that Canada Post mailings will arrive at letter address without being hijacked. I question the security of electronic messages on important information compelled to be sent to anyone. That method is akin to the last you see of a load of specialty crop is the tail lights of the truck as it goes out your lane, without payment. Some people are comfortable.

Second return, the government pinched a $100.00 as a fine for not electronically filing. I'll admit I didn't realize it did this to me until someone who had it done to them, spoke up about it.

Use their third return it provided, and the fine increases to $250.00. Stay tuned for what the fourth quarter fine will be.

Why did it send the paper form package out? I'm phucking livid.

Isn't the CRA wonderful?
    If I had to personally handle every question, request, audit, re-assessment, denial, appeal, re re-assessment, from those guys over the years I wouldn't have time to farm or have any sanity.
    I have a competent firm do it.
    Welcome to the new world.

PS. And even then you will receive emails from CRA for each account which you will have to log in to read and print off.
    Emails you may or may not get in paper form late. Sometimes you'll get the paper and not the email notice depending on department.
    It's not always better lol but it makes it easier to play along.
    Or you can be the 1% that they have to scrutinize by hand.....
    Last edited by blackpowder; Sep 6, 2024, 09:29.

Comment

In keeping with the theme, so, A Brave New World where there is only one way to accomplish anything by government. Where is the, "skin a cat" principle? If it were honest, it really wants to eliminate GST refunds. This scheme is just a step along the way to its ending.

The final result is through increasing fines, so the 1% comply. End justifies the means. It now has access to direct deposit-direct withdrawal from your account thru a back door first step. Next step is the fleet hired to yearly audit everyone because you have been forced to submit, electronically, every slip of business paper, and it will reach into to your account for its payment. Nice system where you have been removed from the challenge of knowing how your business is progressing, and like it. Allocation to a team, yum. Finance, the most important part of your farm, and you believe you farm. That's just the way it is. Good for government. Good for us.

Comment

Back in the day I remember there being a National Communist Party
        (I think it was called Communist Congress). Where did it go?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          Back in the day I remember there being a National Communist Party
          (I think it was called Communist Congress). Where did it go?
          It now consists of one member who refers to itself as "we".
          We spends it's time and meagre budget posing as a capitalist farmer trolling an agricultural website, ineffectively trying to revive the revolution one LOL at a time.

Comment

Back in the day, you could talk to a straight face. That one would tell you that transferring ten GST entries to whatever format required by government could be done for a nominal fee not exceeding much beyond its actual cost. A $1000.00/ year/filer x 100 filers could pay the salary of a government typist.

I believe blackpowder's 1% figure. How many thousands of filers does that entail? So, I have to be suspicious that this is but a foot in the door for worse things by government.

Comment

And there it is. Thanks for the info.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cra 002.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	802396?

Comment

Damn, a second old school exists.

LOL (Livid Out Loud)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread